Is There An Alternative For A Celboard?

Decorating By Mickeebabe Updated 12 Nov 2010 , 3:11pm by TexasSugar

Mickeebabe Posted 12 Nov 2010 , 1:37am
post #1 of 4

I would love a Celboard but the price is a little much for me. Does anyone have an alternative that would work just as good? I just want to use it to make gumpaste letters using my tappits. I want the letters to look as good as Ednas does. icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks for the help.

3 replies
BlakesCakes Posted 12 Nov 2010 , 6:28am
post #2 of 4

Any hard, smooth rolling surface will give you the same results. Rub on a bit of shortening and you're good to go.

The only thing "special" about the Celboard is really the grooves on the back for making "veins" for wired petals and leaves and the fact that it's small & portable for travel.

Rae

soledad Posted 12 Nov 2010 , 7:58am
post #3 of 4

I also wanted to buy one ...but the price stopped me. icon_sad.gif Today I passed by brandsmart, this store is very far away from my house but I was around that area and decided to go in. I am very happy that I did and there I found a Packaged with 4 flexible cut board each 15X11 for $5.88. I just rolled some MMF on it and it did not stick to it and the flexible board is smooth it did not texture the MMF! icon_biggrin.gif . The only drawback is since is so light it kind of moves some...but that can maybe be fixed by putting some double sided tape? icon_confused.gif
You can also get some clear heavy vinyl at Jo-Ann store. That I already have and it also works for cutting flowers and figurines.
CIAO

TexasSugar Posted 12 Nov 2010 , 3:11pm
post #4 of 4

For tappits, you could use several things. The laminated placemats work nice for rolling out fondant and gumpaste.

As was said the bonus of the celboard is the grooves for doing flowers. And if you buy one, I'd honestly go with the bigger one. I bought the smaller one and wish I had gotten the bigger one.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%