They Say They Are Amazing And Worth It But......

Decorating By twistedsplinters Updated 11 Nov 2010 , 7:34pm by ThePurpleButterfly

twistedsplinters Posted 11 Nov 2010 , 6:32pm
post #1 of 3

Ok so my friends have always gotten their cakes from me, and ive always given them really good discounts, well I explained to them that I cannot do discounted cakes anymore bc im not going to be making any $$ off your cake and then end up having to turn a paid cake away that would have been in their spot. I was doing 9 basically free "cost only" cakes a year and in my busy times of the year too I stopped this last year for all friends in February.
So, I explain all this to them and they said they understand that they love my cakes and what I charge they are soo worth it! Well bdays roll around and they want to make cakes or cupcakes with their kids themselves for the 1st time in 6+ years each and everyone of them..It really doesnt bother me I thought it was funny when one recently last wk tried to explain to me why she didnt order. I told her hey no problem.

I just had another one ask about a cake for her daughters bday coming up and i give her the price i charge everyone else and she was icon_eek.gif lol.. We shall see if she decides to order

2 replies
Corrie76 Posted 11 Nov 2010 , 7:09pm
post #2 of 3

Most of my friends cannot afford my cakes, heck I can't afford one of my own cakes either. I wouldn't feel too badly about it,( unless you happen to have super wealthy friends who happen to be cheapskates)...Sometimes, finances are a touchy subject for people and it's easier to say, "I'm going to make my own this year...." than to say, "holy smokes, I could pay my heating bill with money expected for your cake!". Also, since your friends are so lucky to be friends with you, a caker, they probably haven't been paying attention to cake prices or visiting any cake shops to appreciate the monetary value of the cakes you've made for them.
It's good to stand your ground like this and stick with your decision, eventually this will save you from so many hard feelings down the road, as you get busier and busier!

ThePurpleButterfly Posted 11 Nov 2010 , 7:34pm
post #3 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadameRaz

Most of my friends cannot afford my cakes, heck I can't afford one of my own cakes either. I wouldn't feel too badly about it,( unless you happen to have super wealthy friends who happen to be cheapskates)...Sometimes, finances are a touchy subject for people and it's easier to say, "I'm going to make my own this year...." than to say, "holy smokes, I could pay my heating bill with money expected for your cake!". Also, since your friends are so lucky to be friends with you, a caker, they probably haven't been paying attention to cake prices or visiting any cake shops to appreciate the monetary value of the cakes you've made for them.
It's good to stand your ground like this and stick with your decision, eventually this will save you from so many hard feelings down the road, as you get busier and busier!

thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%