Lego Fondant Pieces

Decorating By sarascakecreations Updated 12 Nov 2010 , 4:15am by sarascakecreations

sarascakecreations Posted 11 Nov 2010 , 5:22pm
post #1 of 4

Ok so I have a cake order for a star wars lego cake and they want little fondant lego pieces all over it.

I have read online about making a jell-o mold then pouring semi-hot chocolate into it but i'm not crazy about making them out of chocolate.

I thought about making little square pieces then using a wilton icing tip to make circles and put them on top (would that be the simplest way)

can anyone tell me a way to make the whole piece at once?

with all of that said... any time i need to make something square out of fondant that is tiny i can never get crisp clean corners they always look like squares with rounded corners... how the heck do i get it to look like an actual corner lol.

3 replies
Niki11784 Posted 11 Nov 2010 , 5:38pm
post #2 of 4

Not sure if this helps you , but I made a lego cake and I used the wilton tip, and it was perfect. I did not make actual cubes though, but check it out in my photos.

Tacy09 Posted 11 Nov 2010 , 5:47pm
post #3 of 4

Not sure if this will make any sense but I had to do a lego cake a while ago, and to make the pieces I made the rectangles then used popsicle sticks (or whatever is straight, like a knife or spatula) then let it sit up a while and take a razor blade and take a thin layer off all sides to make it super square. Hope that gives you another idea at least!! icon_smile.gif

sarascakecreations Posted 12 Nov 2010 , 4:15am
post #4 of 4

Niki11784 ... I saw your cake and looks great! So you just used the wilton tip to pop out a bunch of circles then glued it on with water I guess??

Tacy09 ... thanks I will try that!

Quote by @%username% on %date%