Boy Or Girl?!?! I Need Your Opinion!

Lounge By Mel2085 Updated 15 Nov 2010 , 6:03pm by Shelle_75

Mel2085 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mel2085 Posted 11 Nov 2010 , 4:28pm
post #1 of 20

So I am 7 weeks pregnant and HORRIBLY SICK!! All day....everyday! I've tried ginger, I've tried saltines before I get out of bed....waking up slowly, sitting at the edge of the bed for 10 min before getting out of bed, and yet I am throwing up anywhere between 2 times (a GOOD day) and 7 times a day!!

Everyone at work keeps telling me, I was really sick when I was pregnant with a boy and not so sick when I was pregnant with a girl. So I wanted to take a poll

When you had morning sickness....How bad was it and what where you pregnant with?

19 replies
jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 11 Nov 2010 , 4:39pm
post #2 of 20

Pretty bad the first time...girl

Not sick much the second time...girl

I was not any help at all, was I? icon_biggrin.gif

Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 11 Nov 2010 , 4:42pm
post #3 of 20

Morning sickness all day from the morning after icon_wink.gif up until around 5 months, it was so bad I got migraines...it was a girl...this was pre-routine ultrasounds.

FYI...peanut butter helped me!

Congratulations!

jen1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jen1977 Posted 11 Nov 2010 , 8:41pm
post #4 of 20

Sick as a dog....lsing weight and dehydrated, hospitalized several times.....boy. Never nauseous at all.....boy. Guess I wasn't much help either!

suepers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suepers Posted 11 Nov 2010 , 8:43pm
post #5 of 20

My morning sickness was much worse when I was pregnant with my son than when I was pregnant with my daughter. You'll probably get a lot of different answers on this one. For me, it's all in how you're carrying the baby, which you aren't showing yet. icon_wink.gif But with my son, I was all belly, up high and all in front. With my daughter, I carried the weight all over. icon_rolleyes.gif

jen1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jen1977 Posted 11 Nov 2010 , 8:44pm
post #6 of 20

Sick as a dog....losing weight and dehydrated, hospitalized several times.....boy. Never nauseous at all.....boy. Guess I wasn't much help either!

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 11 Nov 2010 , 9:33pm
post #7 of 20

I didn't have morning sickness at all and i had a girl then a boy. I did notice i carried weight all over with the girl and more in my belly outfront with the boy.

If your trying to guess the gender i have found this chinese birth chart the most accurate thing to date. I have had everyone in my family and friends look at it and of about 50 births only one was wrong, but that was my grandma trying to guess when she actually conceived her first child, since it was 50+ years ago she was pregnant she went off the due date which could hace been off by up to a couplr of weeks. Pretty good odds though i think.

It's based off of how old the mother is at time of conception and the month the child was conceived. What's it say for you?
http://www.thelaboroflove.com/chart/cal.html

cakecraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakecraft Posted 11 Nov 2010 , 10:09pm
post #8 of 20

Super sick both pregnancies, both boys. Nothing worked, had to take meds with the 2nd. It'll get better for you! Despite the nausea, I loved being pregnant. And congratulations, btw!

cakesbycathy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbycathy Posted 11 Nov 2010 , 10:12pm
post #9 of 20

My sister is preg. with her 3rd and also super sick. Much more so than with the first 2. She is taking something called Zofran, maybe? If you are so sick you can barely function I would check with your dr to see about getting a prescription of some kind.

cakesbycathy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbycathy Posted 11 Nov 2010 , 10:14pm
post #10 of 20

BTW, are you sure you aren't having twins? I had twins and I was horribly sick with them but not nearly as bad with my DD.

iamcakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iamcakin Posted 11 Nov 2010 , 10:15pm
post #11 of 20

never sick a day - girl
never sick a day - girl
sick every day, all day AND night through the 5th month - girl

Wasn't that helpful? icon_rolleyes.gif

Hope you feel better soon, and have a happy healthy baby - pink OR blue!!

Jen80 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jen80 Posted 11 Nov 2010 , 10:16pm
post #12 of 20

I just checked mine and it was correct for my two leily.

I have two girls Mel2085 and with both pregnancies I was very nauseous, but never threw up. I craved chewy lollies at the start of both and then green grapes and apples at the end of both. I also couldn't stand the sight of meat, cooked or raw up until the fourth month of both pregnancies.

What do you think it is? A lot of women just know. I did.

Mel2085 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mel2085 Posted 12 Nov 2010 , 12:51am
post #13 of 20

Jen80....I think it is a boy....or maybe I am just hoping for a boy because I was a brat when I was little!!

as for CakesByCathy.....it is possible that it is twins....there are twins on all sides of the family.

I picked up a script today....and get this....20 pills 120 bucks....with a script plan!!! And it is the generic brand!!!!!

saffronica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saffronica Posted 12 Nov 2010 , 2:53am
post #14 of 20

I just tried the Chinese calendar, and it was wrong for all three of my kids!

Jenteach Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenteach Posted 12 Nov 2010 , 5:16pm
post #15 of 20

sick constantly for 12 weeks with throwing up at least 2 or 3 times a day - girl.

I hope you have a healthy happy remainder of your pregnancy.

Jen

cabecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cabecakes Posted 12 Nov 2010 , 11:42pm
post #16 of 20

I was totally sick for 5 months with my first one...I believe to this day that it was the iron tablets they had me on. The doctor didn't want me to stop taking them, but I did anyways, and I quit getting sick. I kept checking with him to make sure my iron levels were ok, and they were, so I never took them again. I had a some iron in my water at home at the time (lived in the country), and I think I was being overdosed on iron. But I did have a girl.

VannaD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VannaD Posted 13 Nov 2010 , 8:13pm
post #17 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel2085

Jen80....I think it is a boy....or maybe I am just hoping for a boy because I was a brat when I was little!!

as for CakesByCathy.....it is possible that it is twins....there are twins on all sides of the family.

I picked up a script today....and get this....20 pills 120 bucks....with a script plan!!! And it is the generic brand!!!!!

My husbands a twin and when i was pregnant my Dr said it didnt matter if twins run in your family or not, it just happens.

I was super sick with my 1st... girl
not sick at all with my #2.. girl

mama_amy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mama_amy Posted 14 Nov 2010 , 2:18am
post #18 of 20

Horribly sick the first time for the first 7 months - girl

Mild morning sickness the next two pregnancies, cleared up by about the 4th month with an occassional bout after that - both boys

paulina69 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paulina69 Posted 15 Nov 2010 , 2:46am
post #19 of 20

I guess it doesn't always follow like that for every mother. My sister had different experiences during the 3 times she got pregnant.
I hope you get to go through it and feel better as the pregnancy progresses. icon_smile.gif

Shelle_75 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shelle_75 Posted 15 Nov 2010 , 6:03pm
post #20 of 20

1st baby - not sick at all - boy
2nd baby - sick as a dog - boy
3rd baby - sick as a dog - girl

I don't think you can predict by morning sickness....wait for your ultrasound! icon_biggrin.gif

And BIG congratulations!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%