Does This Annoy Anyone Else..i Find It Insulting....

Lounge By Kiddiekakes Updated 15 Nov 2010 , 9:31pm by diamonds-and-rust

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 15 Nov 2010 , 12:45am
post #61 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmysmoother

People learn soon enough not to give him stuff he doesn't want so it does work -

Gee, if we could ALL figure out how to get our friends and family to NOT give us stuff that we DON'T want! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

paulina69 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paulina69 Posted 15 Nov 2010 , 2:15am
post #62 of 65

Definitely rude! Well if you get to meet again someday, her knowing that your cakes sell and she wanted you to make one for her...DON'T! She lost her chance when she ditched your business card.

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 15 Nov 2010 , 2:39am
post #63 of 65
Quote:
Quote:

paulina69 Posted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:15 pm
Definitely rude! Well if you get to meet again someday, her knowing that your cakes sell and she wanted you to make one for her...DON'T! She lost her chance when she ditched your business card.

You normally refuse a profit because months or years ago someone didn't take your card so s/he could toss it in the garbage?

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 15 Nov 2010 , 3:58pm
post #64 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmysmoother

People learn soon enough not to give him stuff he doesn't want so it does work -

Gee, if we could ALL figure out how to get our friends and family to NOT give us stuff that we DON'T want! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Oh Debi, that reminds me... I found the perfect Xmas gift for you. I can't wait til you open it!! It's a 2 piece bikini, dark denim, bedazzled by hand with metal studs and multi colored rhinestones. Across the boobs it says "Ima Baker" in neon yellow, then across the bottom it says "How 'bout THESE buns?" in hot pink! You are going to look FANTASTIC! I wish I could find a matching one for me... but then we'd have to take a vacay to the south of France to show them off! icon_twisted.gif

Ok, in an effort to stay even slightly on subject here (Yah, cuz I HATE going off topic!!) I'd guess she may not have even realized you were trying to GIVE her the card! icon_wink.gif I've shown my card to people before and they start to hand it back... then I politely say, "You can keep that one if you want, I have plenty." and they're like. "Oh yes! Thank you!" They really thought perhaps I only carried one or two and wouldn't give them out. And some people just want to know my web address. I tell them that, and that is how they contact me in the future. They are a little more 'paperless' than some. They'll even tell me to keep the card because they'll 'just lose it anyway', but I do end up hearing from them through my website! So it's cool! No harm, no foul. But I'm not saying you shouldn't have been taken aback. Your reaction was not unusual, and hey... no one can tell you HOW to FEEL. Your feelings belong to ONLY you, and you are more than entitled to them. But buck up... be confident in your own amazingness! thumbs_up.gif

diamonds-and-rust Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diamonds-and-rust Posted 15 Nov 2010 , 9:31pm
post #65 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuddysmom

Ok, maybe an odd take on this, but I have known some people who do stuff like that because they think they are doing you a favor and saving you money... they saw the info, will remember your name and don't want you to "waste" your card.... I know, it's a big stretch, but it happens. It's the same people who wash and reuse the little plastic sandwich baggies, etc.

i was thinking along the same lines...or maybe didnt want to waste paper
Cathy

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%