Caking More=Weight Gain. Help?

Lounge By BethLS Updated 11 Nov 2010 , 2:53pm by myslady

BethLS Posted 11 Nov 2010 , 3:22am
post #1 of 3

Hi folks!

So, as the subject implies, I'm gaining loads of weight. icon_sad.gif Caking is NOT helping, obviously. (Cake scraps anyone?)

I used to weight what I currently do now, however about three years ago I had enough, and went and lost about 50lbs, which made me feel soo much better physically and emotionally. (went from a size 22 down to a 10/12)Over the last year though, as my cakeloads have increased dramatically (ugh, working on ten for this weekend, and three wedding cake tastings on TOP of my regular job) so has my weight again. I have gained all of the weight I lost, and I'm sad about it. It didnt dawn on me until today when I realized how much worse my body actually feels. Well, that and I guess I miss my skinny jeans!

So, starting right now I'm going to go back to my healthy-habits routine and get back on track to live a healthier, and ultimately a longer happier life.

I just would like it if anyone could share some stories about how they overcame their weight struggles. I need some inspiration! icon_biggrin.gif

2 replies
TexasSugar Posted 11 Nov 2010 , 2:45pm
post #2 of 3

There are many of us here that have struggled with our weight and have lost weight. The Chunky Monkey thread is a good one to go to when you need a little extra help to keep pushing along.

I know everyone blames cakes for weight gain, but chances are it is actually the stress of trying to get cakes done, especially if you work full time on top of that. You start grabbing what you can when you can to eat, and like you said, you lose healthy habits and if you are busy with work and cakes, you have no time to exercise.

Don't forget to schedule in some you time for exercise, stress relief and so on!

Quote by @%username% on %date%