Please Help! I Think I'm Having A Panic Attack - Seriously!

Decorating By auntbeesbaking Updated 11 Nov 2010 , 9:33pm by auntbeesbaking

auntbeesbaking Posted 11 Nov 2010 , 1:25am
post #1 of 8

I know this is silly but I truly think I'm having a panic attack over a cake! It's silly but I think I am! I think I know what I want but I don't know how to get it and I'm not an artist - just a "coloring book" cake person so I need advise please! Maybe if I can get this figured out, my heart will stop racing and feeling like it's going to come through my chest!

I want to do a jungle them cake for a 2nd birthday. His first birthday was a 3 tiered round cake. So, I want a different shape and thought since his mom will be transporting it and I won't be delivering it, I would do a 11" x 15" sheet cake. I thought I would make it 2 layers (she wants it 1/s choc and 1/2 yellow) for 16 adults and 6 kids (they're having company from out of state so leftovers would be okay).

I thought I'd put 6 animals around the cake (zebra, giraffe, monkey, hippo, elephant and tiger) and have leaves and trees interspersed amongst the animals. My dilema is I don't know what to do on the top of the cake. If the sides look jungle-like, than what do I do about the top? And what colors? Is that where I just write happy birthday and have tree leaves go over the sides to the top?

I would be so grateful for any help. I need to bake it tonight and decorate it tomorrow.

auntbeesbaking!

7 replies
cakesrock Posted 11 Nov 2010 , 1:49am
post #2 of 8

What about a zebra or leopard print pattern?

Marla84 Posted 11 Nov 2010 , 1:52am
post #3 of 8

Have you looked in the galleries? I did a search for jungle sheet cakes and came up with a few cute ones. It looks like most have the animals on top and then use the sides for the vine or other border. Here's one http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1569319

jammjenks Posted 11 Nov 2010 , 2:19am
post #4 of 8

Here's an idea:

http://www.cheftools.com/images/LucksDI/AnimalsJungleCake.jpg

You'd have to visualize it in rectangle form.

DSmo Posted 11 Nov 2010 , 6:02am
post #5 of 8

There was one I saw on here a while back, but now I can't find it again. But here's another one that is very nice. I really like the way they arranged the elements.

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1214916

auntbeesbaking Posted 11 Nov 2010 , 12:23pm
post #6 of 8

Thank you everyone for your help! I feel much better this am. I don't know what my problem was last pm. I told my husband I didn't know what I wanted but i wasn't seeing what I wanted - does that ever happen to you???

I got up early and have cakes in the oven.

Blessings on your days!

tracycakes Posted 11 Nov 2010 , 1:49pm
post #7 of 8

Aunt Bee, check out my website. I did a jungle cake that was a sheet cake. Maybe it will give you some additional ideas.

auntbeesbaking Posted 11 Nov 2010 , 9:33pm
post #8 of 8

Thank you, traceycakes, for emailing me and letting me know. I so much appreciate it! Your work is amazing! I'm amazed at how everything lines up; the diamonds are perfectly done!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%