He Is So In The Dog House !!

Decorating By live2create Updated 28 Nov 2010 , 7:47pm by vtcake

live2create Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
live2create Posted 10 Nov 2010 , 4:48pm
post #1 of 16

So I was up until 1:00 last night trying to make my life simpler, I have a cake that is due Friday that I was making a stand up barn out of fondant, plus another cake that has alot of fondant work on it I needed to have all of the piece good and dry by the time I need them.

Long story short my son has a new puppy and I love him to death and maybe it will be his death (JK) My daugther was in my baking kitchen this morning and accidentally left the door open and quess what ? The little pup did a fast one he got ahold of on of the sides of my barn and the next thing I heard was my daughter yelling and it wasn't a funny little pup yell it was like mom is so going to go into orbit yell..

I knew the the little devil got into something he shouldn't have, yep he took the side of the barn and thought he should have it for breakfast, WHAT THE HELL. So all of my work will have to be redone tonight, added to all of the other things I need to do when I get home from work today.

So I had my daughter text my son and told him what his pup had done and jokingly he text back and said " Well I think your house guest just wanted to do some taste testing" FUNNY .. So I text my son back and told him this little guest just wore out his welcome, and he is so in the dog house with me.

I know I will laugh about this next week, but WOW this just adds a little stress to my day. icon_mad.gif Honestly I just want to cry right now.

15 replies
mom2twogrlz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2twogrlz Posted 10 Nov 2010 , 4:52pm
post #2 of 16

Oh man. That really sucks. I am sorry this happened to you. Just get all your frustration and crying about it out early today, so tonight when you get to work on it again you can focus. Whoknows, may this one will be even better!!!!

daltonam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daltonam Posted 10 Nov 2010 , 4:57pm
post #3 of 16

OH WOW.

And kick your son in the butt for his comment.

" Well I think your house guest just wanted to do some taste testing"

ThePurpleButterfly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ThePurpleButterfly Posted 11 Nov 2010 , 6:33pm
post #4 of 16

icon_surprised.gif EEP!!

DSmo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DSmo Posted 11 Nov 2010 , 6:45pm
post #5 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by live2create

jokingly he text back and said " Well I think your house guest just wanted to do some taste testing" FUNNY

Well, I think your house guest just cost you a lot of hours of hard work. NOT FUNNY.

I know how you feel. My advice is regroup and gain your strength to get the job done. Then RELAX for a few days after you're done. (Maybe son owes you a spa day after that one!!!)

susgene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susgene Posted 11 Nov 2010 , 7:13pm
post #6 of 16

So sorry this happened to you! I know how that feels. My son came back home to live and brought his dog. Someone didn't push the chair all the way up under the dining room table and when I got home late one night the entire bottom tier of a wedding cake had been eaten. That beagle was on top of my dining room table having a party.
Grrrrr! We almost had beagle stew that night.

LisaR64 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaR64 Posted 11 Nov 2010 , 11:53pm
post #7 of 16

How awful... I know how you feel. My dog once at an entire sheet cake I had cooling. My own fault though, I didn't latch the door well enough when I closed it. I thought for sure she'd be sick, but she wasn't, and minutes later she was begging for more.

auntmamie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntmamie Posted 12 Nov 2010 , 7:02pm
post #8 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by susgene

So sorry this happened to you! I know how that feels. My son came back home to live and brought his dog. Someone didn't push the chair all the way up under the dining room table and when I got home late one night the entire bottom tier of a wedding cake had been eaten. That beagle was on top of my dining room table having a party.
Grrrrr! We almost had beagle stew that night.

I just came back to live with M&D, and brought a 6mo black lab with me......guess I need to keep a good eye out for him!!!!!

cabecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cabecakes Posted 12 Nov 2010 , 11:27pm
post #9 of 16

Maybe your son can help, and it will cease to be as funny if he has to stay up until 1:00 in the morning. Just a thought.

sweetflowers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetflowers Posted 12 Nov 2010 , 11:54pm
post #10 of 16

Oh I'm so sorry, I can so relate to this. You need to put a self closer on the door. We had a house quest with a destructo-dog. She ate 2 cake dummies (one covered in fondant one that just still had the smell on it), and parts of several other projects plus one of my rubber flower formers (plus a blue tooth, cell phone, shoes and anything else, hence her name). At least when she threw it up she was outside. I made him pay $$ for what she did.

I finally had to kick the guest and his dog out.

Bubbl3h3ad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bubbl3h3ad Posted 13 Nov 2010 , 12:16am
post #11 of 16

I am SO sorry that happened to you. One time I made some farm animals for a farm cake. Ok, a LOT of farm animals and someone (probably me, that's the worst part) forgot to push the chair up under the table and my little brat of a dog got up there and ate all the animals. I was so mad at him! I had to remake all of them and I was up to all hours! I share your pain because I too work a full-time job icon_cry.gif

debbief Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debbief Posted 15 Nov 2010 , 11:03pm
post #12 of 16

So sorry that happened. I really do feel your pain. I'm up until all hours of the night on many occasions and it's a nice feeling of accomplishment when you don't have those mishaps. But when you do... icon_cry.gif I don't have any little animals around the house but I have a three year old granddaughter who LOVES fondant. If Im not very careful to put everything I make out of reach, shell eat it. Shes actually getting better because Ive had a few meltdowns after shes destroyed hours of work in a single bite.

Once I actually had to laugh because I just finished making a little yellow beach towel for a beach cake and I used a circle bubble type impress. mat to give it some texture. Well she must have thought I was trying to make cheese because after she ate it she came to me and said grandma, you can make some more pretend cheese right? I only laughed cause beach towels take about 30 seconds to make icon_wink.gif

mombabytiger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mombabytiger Posted 16 Nov 2010 , 11:57am
post #13 of 16

How do you get away with having an animal in the same dwelling as a home-bakery? Isn't that in violation of several laws? Not to mention dog/cat hair potentially in your food?

Tclanton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tclanton Posted 17 Nov 2010 , 1:31pm
post #14 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by debbief

Once I actually had to laugh because I just finished making a little yellow beach towel for a beach cake and I used a circle bubble type impress. mat to give it some texture. Well she must have thought I was trying to make cheese because after she ate it she came to me and said grandma, you can make some more pretend cheese right? I only laughed cause beach towels take about 30 seconds to make icon_wink.gif

This is adorable!!!

JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 21 Nov 2010 , 11:14pm
post #15 of 16

NOT good.

Jennifer

vtcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vtcake Posted 28 Nov 2010 , 7:47pm
post #16 of 16

sounds like it was your daughter's fault, not the pup's

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%