Freezing Flooded Ri Cookies?

Baking By tsal Updated 10 Nov 2010 , 8:48pm by pattycakesnj

tsal Posted 10 Nov 2010 , 11:18am
post #1 of 5

I have just learned from reading old posts that it's possible to freeze RI flooded cookies. I need to make 200 for next week, so I'd love to do this in advance.

My question is: I will be freezing them in Tupperware containers separated by waxed paper. When I thaw them, won't the RI melt and smoosh on to the waxed paper of the layer above?

4 replies
pattycakesnj Posted 10 Nov 2010 , 12:06pm
post #2 of 5

If they are for next week there is no need to freeze them. You can start decorating them now and bagging them as they dry and they will still be fresh. I use the NFSC recipe and am doing 200 cookies too for a wedding next week. I finished baking them on Monday and have started decorating them yesterday and will continue today and the next couple of days until I finish. I have done this many times before and they are still fresh tasting a few weeks later. The shelf life of NFSC is a few weeks.
The other option is to freeze them undecorated and then take them out of freezer next week and decorate. HTH

tsal Posted 10 Nov 2010 , 3:39pm
post #3 of 5

Thanks, Patty. How do you store them?

bonniebakes Posted 10 Nov 2010 , 5:09pm
post #4 of 5

They should be fine after thawing as long as the RI is complete dry before you freeze. I would thaw them at room temperature and don't open the box they are in until they are completely thawed (condensation).

pattycakesnj Posted 10 Nov 2010 , 8:48pm
post #5 of 5

Once they are bagged and sealed, I just put them in bakery boxes and leave them on a shelf until delivery. (80 done so far for next week, 120 to go, they are taking longer to decorate than I anticipated.) Good luck

Quote by @%username% on %date%