Get Well Cake?

Decorating By FWhitney Updated 10 Nov 2010 , 2:59pm by FWhitney

FWhitney Posted 10 Nov 2010 , 1:52am
post #1 of 9

Anyone have any ideas for a "get well" cake?

This is for a teenage boy, who is a cancer patient, and his family. Nothing too serious, I just want to make him a small, cute, cake to let him and his family know we are thinking of them. icon_smile.gif

Thanks!

8 replies
Scarlets-Cakes Posted 10 Nov 2010 , 2:02am
post #2 of 9

You could do a band-aid....

cakesrock Posted 10 Nov 2010 , 3:52am
post #3 of 9

I have a really cute cake saved in my faves - soup and cracker get well cake. Here it is:
http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1457697

I also like cupcake or cookie bouquets.

Or find out what he likes and make a cake related to that - take everyone's mind off the illness....

matthewkyrankelly Posted 10 Nov 2010 , 4:35am
post #4 of 9

I agree - find out what he likes, sports or video games.

Apti Posted 10 Nov 2010 , 4:48am
post #5 of 9

Since boys don't like frilly stuff, you might try surprising him and his family with a rainbow colored cake underneath all that frosting. Here's a link to a great pictorial on making a rainbow cake. I actually used this for the bottom 14" layer of a 3 tier cake made for a relative's memorial service. It allowed me to maintain decorum with the overall cake appearance, yet surprise the adults and kids and get their mind off the funeral for a few moments when they saw the inside of the cake.

http://www.omnomicon.com/rainbowcake

By the way, welcome to the forum. I hope we can assist you in coming up with the perfect cake for this young man and his family.

mom2twogrlz Posted 10 Nov 2010 , 5:06am
post #6 of 9

I agree. Find out what he likes and do something related to that. Make it special and all about him. I did a welcome home cake for a friend's 3 year old son who had cancer. He loved The Incredibles, so I did a simple chocolate cake with The Incredibles symbol on top. So simple, but he loved it. Made him feel special, not a cancer patient. Of course, he was only 3!!!!

icer101 Posted 10 Nov 2010 , 5:37am
post #7 of 9

I love both of these cakes. Soup and crackers, who doesn,t love that when you are sick.

pixiefuncakes Posted 10 Nov 2010 , 6:23am
post #8 of 9

What about a big 70's style smiley face cake?

FWhitney Posted 10 Nov 2010 , 2:59pm
post #9 of 9

Thank you for all the awesome replys! I still don't know what I am going to do. I like the soup and crackers cake, that is very cute! I am going to ask my husband what he thinks, because he knows the family much better than I, maybe he will know what he likes.

Thanks again everyone!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%