Frozen Buttercream Transfer On Cookies?

Baking By Carmen3860 Updated 9 Nov 2010 , 5:55pm by TexasSugar

Carmen3860 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carmen3860 Posted 9 Nov 2010 , 2:10pm
post #1 of 6

hi!!
I have to make Sarah kay cookies, icon_confused.gif can i use the FBT technique on cookies, over royal icing??
im afraid that the buttercream would flow down, (im doing cookies on a stick) maybe not, but i've never used it before.
can i use the same technique with royal icing?
thank you so much for your advice...im kind of desperate right now icon_cry.gif

cheers
Carmen

5 replies
vicki3336 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vicki3336 Posted 9 Nov 2010 , 2:32pm
post #2 of 6

I just did chocolate transfers on cookies this weekend. What I found was that they seemed a little thick because I wasn't thinking about that as I was building the different colors. Then I didn't know what to do with the edges. I ended up melting them a bit in the microwave and using a paintbrush to drag the edge of the transfer to the edge of the cookie. They turned out okay.

Anywho, I'm sure either buttercream or royal would work. Just make sure to think ahead about the thickness and how to deal with the edges.

gingerbreadtogo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gingerbreadtogo Posted 9 Nov 2010 , 2:36pm
post #3 of 6

I've never done FBT,not sure how that would go on Cookie pops. But I have done RI transfers. Just trace and fill in picture on wax paper..but it will take longer to dry..of course do not put in fridge or freezer to set..

Good Luck

Carmen3860 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carmen3860 Posted 9 Nov 2010 , 3:05pm
post #4 of 6

thank you!!!!, thanks to both of you! i'll try that!!
gingerbreadtogo, did you transfer RI directly on what?? on RI too? or buttercream?

gingerbreadtogo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gingerbreadtogo Posted 9 Nov 2010 , 5:11pm
post #5 of 6

On cookies I use RI, so I would transfer on to that. I've never done BC on cookies , but some do rolled BC or reg BC.

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 9 Nov 2010 , 5:55pm
post #6 of 6

http://www.wilton.com/recipe/Color-Flow-1

If you need a picture to follow I'd use the above techinque (which can be done in royal icing.)

If you can freehand, then I'd just pipe and fill in directly on the cookie.

You can also use fondant on colors, so that could be another option for ya.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%