Wickford, Uk

Decorating By Louise0303 Updated 9 Nov 2010 , 10:35am by brincess_b

Louise0303 Posted 9 Nov 2010 , 8:57am
post #1 of 6

Does anyone perhaps live in this area in the UK?

My aunt is coming on holiday to South Africa in December and i would really like her to purchase me some cake decorating goodies from overseas as we have very limited stuff here.

But she knows nothing about cakes or equipement.

I was hoping someone would know of a shop that i can send her too to look for the following stuff:

There is alot more stuff that i want, but my budget only allows for me to bring a few things.
Thank you

5 replies
Caths_Cakes Posted 9 Nov 2010 , 9:09am
post #2 of 6

You could, always ask your aunt to buy items online first, have them delivered to her house and then bring them over, You could send her the links of exactly what you want. You can try ebay (i use it all the time for cake stuf ) www.almondart.com or www.design-a-cake.co.uk

MikeRowesHunny Posted 9 Nov 2010 , 9:23am
post #3 of 6

Just a word of warning, the airbrush compressor is likely to be quite heavy - you wouldn't want to cost your aunt a fortune in excess baggage charges! Plus, is the power wattage the same in SA as it is in the UK?

Louise0303 Posted 9 Nov 2010 , 9:59am
post #4 of 6

i have no idea what the electricity thing is.... but i know that we use a UK double adapter for the our christmas fibre optic christmas tree and that works fine?

i just want a small airbrush system, the cheapest and smallest one on the market. We just dont get them in SA. I dont do very big cakes, so it is more for my personal use than customers.

ngfcake Posted 9 Nov 2010 , 10:24am
post #5 of 6

In many on-line stores you can enter a different billing address from the delivery address. So you could purchase the items with your SA card and have them delivered to your aunt. That way you can get exactly what you want.
I really like design-a-cake.co.uk. Good prices, shipping is cheap and fast.

brincess_b Posted 9 Nov 2010 , 10:35am
post #6 of 6

Wh smith is a newsagents, usually has one or two cake magazines.
Wedding cakes, a design source is a good one, you would need to orderfeom squires kitchen - google for the site.
Other good sites are a piece of cake Thame and cakes cookies and crafts shop.
There might be a hobbycraft there - good for Wilton stuff.

Quote by @%username% on %date%