Mac Version Of Icing Images Template

Decorating By Normita Updated 7 Jun 2012 , 6:08pm by gallianogirl

Normita Posted 9 Nov 2010 , 4:34am
post #1 of 11

I am completely lost as to how to make my own template with the 2.5 inch circles. I contacted icing images and they do have a template, but unfortunately it is only for WORD. I have spent over 2 hours trying to make my own template and I am having such a hard time. Can someone please help me icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

I have a canon 560

10 replies
gingerbreadtogo Posted 9 Nov 2010 , 3:01pm
post #2 of 11

I'm not very tech savvy..but if you order the frosting sheets from kopykake, you are able to use their program for printing (it says you can only do so many prints, but I seem to be able to do unlimited) It gives the choice of 2", 3" or cake circles,1/4 sheet... no 2.5" tho.

Good Luck...

Normita Posted 9 Nov 2010 , 3:43pm
post #3 of 11

The do have programs available but they are for word, I have Mac and they are not compatible. I have tried to makey own template but have not been able to....I'm just frustrated!!

gingerbreadtogo Posted 9 Nov 2010 , 5:15pm
post #4 of 11

Sorry..I feel your pain..there must be a mac geek somewhere.

cs_confections Posted 9 Nov 2010 , 9:36pm
post #5 of 11

Have you checked to see if Open Office will work for your computer? I just did a quick google search and it looks like it may.

Normita Posted 10 Nov 2010 , 1:37am
post #6 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by cs_confections

Have you checked to see if Open Office will work for your computer? I just did a quick google search and it looks like it may.

How do I do that?

cs_confections Posted 10 Nov 2010 , 1:59am
post #7 of 11

Go to www.openoffice.org and click on the download option. It looks like it will work on Mac, but you won't get java, which I think will be fine for what you're doing. Open office is free software that is compatible with Word, Excel, etc. I've never used it (have the Office Suite), so I don't know if there are restrictions, but I know many who have and have only heard good things and they use it instead of buying the software. I hope it works for your needs!

JustGettinStarted Posted 10 Nov 2010 , 2:03am
post #8 of 11

openoffice.org

njusaguy Posted 10 Nov 2010 , 3:26am
post #9 of 11

Get the Word template from icing images. Then email it to a family member or friend that has Word for Windows. Ask them to open it and then save or print it as a .pdf file and send you that. It will look just like the Word document, but you can open and print it from your Mac.

Normita Posted 12 Nov 2010 , 6:14am
post #10 of 11

So I tried openoffice and it still didnt work!! I dont know if I'm a retard or what....but I am really annoyed that I cant get it to work!! I guess I have to play around making my own template....really frustrated!! icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

gallianogirl Posted 7 Jun 2012 , 6:08pm
post #11 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Normita

So I tried openoffice and it still didnt work!! I dont know if I'm a retard or what....but I am really annoyed that I cant get it to work!! I guess I have to play around making my own template....really frustrated!! icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

Normita, did you ever create the template? I'm having the same problem yearsss later. You would think that after all this tim ethey would've made their system a bit more MAC friendly smh.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%