Planet Cake Method

Decorating By adventuregal Updated 10 Nov 2010 , 2:08pm by ski

adventuregal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adventuregal Posted 9 Nov 2010 , 4:29am
post #1 of 6

Has anyone had any negative feed back on the ganache/fondant method of Planet Cake? It appears they use no frosting and I'm wondering what the customer response is to that. icon_cool.gif

5 replies
ski Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ski Posted 10 Nov 2010 , 7:07am
post #2 of 6

I've been making their method to great reviews!

Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 10 Nov 2010 , 7:43am
post #3 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by adventuregal

Has anyone had any negative feed back on the ganache/fondant method of Planet Cake? It appears they use no frosting and I'm wondering what the customer response is to that. icon_cool.gif

icon_confused.gificon_confused.gif
No negative feedback - we over here have been doing it for yearssssssssss
Long before PC became popular. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
We aren't so much into the BC and frostings like in the States.

Never been asked to do anything else under my Regalice/medium except for varying flavours and degrees of chocolate ganache.

Bluehue.

adventuregal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adventuregal Posted 10 Nov 2010 , 8:26am
post #4 of 6

thats good to know. I personally don't like frosting and would love to get a cake with just filling and ganache, but I was worried my customers would be like..."ummm wheres the frosting?" icon_lol.gif

Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 10 Nov 2010 , 8:38am
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by adventuregal

thats good to know. I personally don't like frosting and would love to get a cake with just filling and ganache, but I was worried my customers would be like..."ummm wheres the frosting?" icon_lol.gif

Be as your forum name says - adventuregal icon_wink.gificon_smile.gif

Educate your customers - surely frosting after all these years is getting a tad old - drag them kicking and screaming into the 21 century - icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

I use my ganache for both filling of all layers - then cover entire cake - allow to set up for at least 6 hours - then cover and decorate.

You can flavour your ganache ( for the filling) with morello cherries/peppermint chocolate/orange zest/ as just a few examples.
You can also flavour it with chocolate flavouring oils.

If other cakers in your area aren't using ganche - then thats a whole new avenue for you - thumbs_up.gif - be the first - be different.

Be ADVENTURE GANACHE GAL. icon_smile.gif

Bluehue.

ski Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ski Posted 10 Nov 2010 , 2:08pm
post #6 of 6

Well said Bluehue! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%