At A Party Yesterday And Couldn't Believe My Ears...

Decorating By tsal Updated 10 Nov 2010 , 3:51am by scp1127

Maria925 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Maria925 Posted 9 Nov 2010 , 10:40pm
post #31 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitagrl

If I'm just doing this as a favor to society...well then I should just quit and do a favor to my kids and spend more time with them.

That says it all for me!!! I am doing cakes for friends, etc right now. I have been calculating costs, etc. I spend so much time on my cakes and am not getting anything $$ out of it. I know that the people I currently make cakes for right now (ie my friends) can't afford the high "custom cake" prices. But I also know that I don't have the skill level to charge more. So...I decided to scale way back, spend more time with my family, work on my craft. And then when all is said & done, my work will hopefully warrant the higher prices that will make this worth my while and I will find "real" customers icon_smile.gif

Custom cakes are not for everyone! And everyone certainly isn't entitled to one "just because". Personally I got into cake decorating so I could make beautiful cakes for my children & family since none of us could truly afford to buy them...LOL!

Rosie2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosie2 Posted 9 Nov 2010 , 11:49pm
post #32 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria925

Personally I got into cake decorating so I could make beautiful cakes for my children & family since none of us could truly afford to buy them...LOL!

Ditto!!!
I raised 3 kids as a single parent so those days I couldn't afford to buy especial cakes for my kids. However, I refused to order grocery store cakes (aggghh disgusting) icon_biggrin.gif so I started making my own and I discovered a fun new hobby!!! thumbs_up.gif

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 10 Nov 2010 , 3:51am
post #33 of 33

We have looked into moving to SC, and I could be wrong, but SC requires a separate building... and I have even read a separate water/sewer/septic. I understood that they are one of the toughest states to get a license. My current home bakery was mega thousands and the new one in SC would be much more. I hope jasonkraft chimes in.......

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%