Mailing List?

Business By OneCreativeCookie Updated 9 Nov 2010 , 5:53pm by jenmat

OneCreativeCookie Posted 8 Nov 2010 , 8:12pm
post #1 of 5

Hi All,

Just wondering if any of you have developed a mailing list and if so, here are a few questions I have:

1. How did you build the list? Did you add only people who specifically opted in (ie - didn't add friends at random)? Past clients?

2. What program to you use to manage your mailing list (MailChimp, Constant Contact, etc.)?

3. What has been most/least effective for you?

4. Do you have a link from FaceBook that allows your "fans" to join your mailing list?

I'd love to be able to send a once-a-month email update to past clients and people interested in my business but don't know where to start. Just emailing a bulk message caused a lot of problems that took forever to sort out. I want to be sure I am complying with the CAN SPAM Act.

4 replies
leah_s Posted 8 Nov 2010 , 8:32pm
post #2 of 5

Fb is probably the easiest way to do this. And you dont' have to worry about opt-ins and can-spam laws. If you are going to use a customer contact program, then MailChimp is def the way to go.

jason_kraft Posted 8 Nov 2010 , 8:44pm
post #3 of 5

We use twitter to send updates to customers (and anyone else who wants to subscribe). If you already have an existing web site I find twitter easier to integrate into the site as opposed to FaceBook.

bakingpw Posted 8 Nov 2010 , 9:37pm
post #4 of 5

I used Constant contact and found it great to send out "special" notices, holiday menus, class announcements, etc. We had a sign up list at the counter and asked each customer if they'd like to sign up for notices ~ most did. Constant Contact also allows you to include a coupon - which is incentive for people to sign up.

jenmat Posted 9 Nov 2010 , 5:53pm
post #5 of 5

I use Constant Contact as well. It is pretty effective and my clients love it, but I do find the upload time for photos pretty cumbersome. I may look into mailchimp soon, we'll see.

Quote by @%username% on %date%