Cupcakes For A Charity Sale At Work - Which Way Is Best?

Baking By idontknow Updated 8 Nov 2010 , 6:45pm by brincess_b

idontknow Posted 8 Nov 2010 , 5:36pm
post #1 of 3

I have organised a charity cake sale at work, and planned to make as many cupcakes as i can for it and bring them in on the day, but I have been thinking about transportation. As I have to take the tube (London version of the subway) to work there are only so many decorated CC i can carry without demolishing the decoration. But I had an idea, do you think it would work if i bring the the cupcakes plain into work, with ready filled piping bags and pipe them at work instead? that way i thought i could bring in many more cupcakes as it i could pack them ontop of each other. does this sound reasonable? I haven't really transported a big amount of cupcakes before so I'm not sure how to go about this. TFYH!

2 replies
Dayti Posted 8 Nov 2010 , 6:27pm
post #2 of 3

I would say that that sounds like a plan. You can get alot of cupcakes in a large box that way, and you don't need to worry so much about jostling Londoners in rush hour. Try to get a nice sturdy box, like corrugated card, not a bakery box. And see if you can get one with the holes for you to put your hands in - only being able to pick it up underneath could be a nightmare. Just put a sheet of greaseproof paper between each layer of cupcakes, so they don't stick to each other. Remember to make up enough buttercream and sprinkles or whatever. And expect to have an audience while you are piping, I am sure there will be a few people enjoying watching you!

brincess_b Posted 8 Nov 2010 , 6:45pm
post #3 of 3

dont under estimate how long it will take to ice them! although it does sound like the easiest method.
would it be faster just doing them with glace - make up the bowls at work and just dip them in?

Quote by @%username% on %date%