Transporting 500+ Mini Cupcake Samples

Baking By livabeth Updated 9 Nov 2010 , 8:56pm by chelseak

livabeth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
livabeth Posted 8 Nov 2010 , 5:29pm
post #1 of 5

Hi everyone,

Just wondering how we can go about transporting 500+ mini cupcake samples. We are doing a christmas home tour and need to have 500+ minis on hand for samples, plus more to sell. We will be putting the cupcakes for sale in plastic cupcake trays. Has anyone ever transported that many samples before?? And if so, how did you do it.

Thanks.

4 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 8 Nov 2010 , 7:39pm
post #2 of 5

I haven't actually done it, but I'd suggest a box and the glue dots from the scrapbooking section of the craft store. Although they are called glue dots, they are flat - as if the glue "dot" was punched out of double stick tape. Come to think fo it, double stick tape would work . . .

CaffeineKelli Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CaffeineKelli Posted 9 Nov 2010 , 12:45am
post #3 of 5

I saw a post somewhere a while back about how to transport cupcakes. If you dont have the boxes specifically for cupcakes get a large box. Then take some foil and use the bottom side of your cupcake pan as a form. Lay the piece of foil over the pan and mush it around to get the shape of the pan. I helped my nieghbor with some cupcakes for a kids party at school a week or so ago and this worked very well for her. She didnt have any cupcake holders and didnt want to borrower mine. We used heavy duty foil, but if you are using mini cupcakes I think regular foil would be sufficient. Make enough to haul your cupcakes and put them inside cake boxes. Hope that helps...

glow0369 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
glow0369 Posted 9 Nov 2010 , 12:58am
post #4 of 5

Don't know how fancy the cupcakes are, but I transported over 500 mini cuppies to a Susan G Koman event with no problem. They are in my photos as the Susan G.Koman cuppies. I just packed them into full sheet cake boxes and they were fine...

chelseak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chelseak Posted 9 Nov 2010 , 8:56pm
post #5 of 5

We just use cake boxes. Squish them in real tight against each other and they won't move icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%