Navy Seal Cake

Decorating By michel30014 Updated 10 Nov 2010 , 8:50pm by michel30014

michel30014 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michel30014 Posted 8 Nov 2010 , 3:18pm
post #1 of 5

Hi everyone,

I am in need of an idea for a cake for a guy that will be going into the Navy in January. Cake is due in December, just before Christmas. Found out that he is going into the Navy and has even already went through the initial pre-training with a SEAL officer. This is a gift to this kid as he is one of my son's friends. I want to present a nice cake that incorporates the Navy with his love of cooking. He has some mad culinary skills. I'm thinking he may end up being a chef in the Navy, but who knows... He may actually end up being a SEAL officer instead.....

Anyhow, I need some ideas.... Navy theme with culinary skills. I was thinking on making some small seashells with a candy mold to add to the cake. I have already checked the galleries and there are some awesome cakes out there. My skills are a bit limited. I generally use buttercream and mmf as accents but have never covered a cake in fondant. Help me out, please!!!

4 replies
delightfulkakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
delightfulkakes Posted 8 Nov 2010 , 9:40pm
post #2 of 5

1st let me tell you fondant is not hard. just relax and have fun..try it out... as for ideas..
- i like the Navy theme maybe a min sub comming out of a cake (partially that is) and then you can accent it with the waves and mayeb even little minature icons...

Karen421 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karen421 Posted 8 Nov 2010 , 9:57pm
post #3 of 5

I did a Navy cake for a friend going into the Navy. I did the navy anchor on the side, with the Navy Sailor hat on top, and rope around it. It is in my pics. icon_smile.gif

traci_doodle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traci_doodle Posted 8 Nov 2010 , 10:12pm
post #4 of 5

I thought of this cake I saw earlier:

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1838936

It's a cake made to look like a uniform, however I must stress this is the wrong uniform. You would have to research what the right uniform looks like. I think this would look classy, however, it doesn't have the culinary theme as part of it.

michel30014 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michel30014 Posted 10 Nov 2010 , 8:50pm
post #5 of 5

BUMP! Please keep the ideas coming!! I haven't made up my mind on what to do yet. Thanks so much!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%