Need Best Butter Cream Recipe

Baking By Molly2 Updated 19 Nov 2010 , 7:35pm by leily

Molly2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Molly2 Posted 8 Nov 2010 , 12:20pm
post #1 of 9

I need a great tasting butter cream recipe one that taste great, easy to make and I can not only frost my cake with but one that I can also pipe and decorate with. Any suggestion is appreciated icon_smile.gif

Molly

8 replies
brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 8 Nov 2010 , 12:50pm
post #2 of 9

search the recipes here - they are all rated, and you can sort by most popular.
i use indydebis or a traditional bc recipe, tried imbc which was nice as well.
xx

Molly2 Posted 13 Nov 2010 , 9:15pm
post #3 of 9

Thank You!

Molly icon_smile.gif

VentureSister Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VentureSister Posted 13 Nov 2010 , 9:31pm
post #4 of 9

Indydebi's is my go to. Love it.

cabecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cabecakes Posted 13 Nov 2010 , 9:43pm
post #5 of 9

Indydebi's is a good recipe, and Tonedna has a good one too. It all depends on what you like as far as flavor and texture. If you want a smooth whipped looking icing you may want to try a IMBC or SMBC. You can watch tutorials for both on youtube. Tonedna also has a buttercream video on youtube that is very good. Just a few suggestions. My advice to you is to experiment A LOT.

Molly2 Posted 14 Nov 2010 , 12:18am
post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabecakes

Indydebi's is a good recipe, and Tonedna has a good one too. It all depends on what you like as far as flavor and texture. If you want a smooth whipped looking icing you may want to try a IMBC or SMBC. You can watch tutorials for both on youtube. Tonedna also has a buttercream video on youtube that is very good. Just a few suggestions. My advice to you is to experiment A LOT.

Thank You so much I will take your advice

Molly thumbs_up.gif

countrycaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
countrycaker Posted 14 Nov 2010 , 12:49am
post #7 of 9

I love LOVE the buttercream recipe from Bunnywoman on the Wilton website. My biggest problem with it is keeping myself from eating it all before I put it on the cake icon_biggrin.gif . Anyone else use her recipe?

diamonds-and-rust Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diamonds-and-rust Posted 19 Nov 2010 , 5:43pm
post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by countrycaker

I love LOVE the buttercream recipe from Bunnywoman on the Wilton website. My biggest problem with it is keeping myself from eating it all before I put it on the cake icon_biggrin.gif . Anyone else use her recipe?

Yep, sure do....tried it for the first time this week...REALLY delicious, not gaggy sweet, and ez to work with. My new fave!

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 19 Nov 2010 , 7:35pm
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by countrycaker

I hadn't heard of her recipe before but just went and got it and will be trying it next week for the holidays. We'll see if it passes the family test. It looks similiar to what i currently make but a little variation in amounts can make a big taste difference, i'll try to remember to come back and post what i think of it.

She is the one who turned me on to MMF 8-9 years ago and i still use her 1cup marshmallow recipe almost all the time so I dont' have a huge batch and i can color the whole batch w/o too much left over.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%