Choosing A Mixer.....

Decorating By Snotface14 Updated 8 Nov 2010 , 4:33am by Snotface14

Snotface14 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Snotface14 Posted 8 Nov 2010 , 4:12am
post #1 of 4

Firstly apologies is this is in the wrong section i wasn't quite sure where it should go.

My Kenwood A700 (yes the 1950 model) died a slow and noisly death yesterday while whipping egg whites of all things.

Today I've been looking at other option but I'm at a total loss as to what to get. I was going to get another Kenwood KM300 or KM336 but to be honest it lives on my bench and it's kinda ugly.

Then I looked at the Kitchen Aid ones I keep seeing mentioned on here but they seem kinda pathetic on power.

So then I spotted this Breville BEM800, which seems to have everything, the look the power a much bigger capacity than the others so here's the question...

Which one do I get, does anyone have experience with any of them to advise me. My Kenwood has gone lovingly for 60 years without missing a beat (not with me for 60 years I might point out!!!!)

I need something that looks cute and can handle the tough jobs without being that noisey it scares the neighbours as I'm mixing more icing at 2am icon_smile.gif

Thanls in advance
Andi icon_cool.gif

3 replies
14September Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
14September Posted 8 Nov 2010 , 4:28am
post #2 of 4

I have a Kenwood KMix and I love it!

apetricek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
apetricek Posted 8 Nov 2010 , 4:29am
post #3 of 4

I have 2 kitchen aids. ONce professional series, the biggest one (6 Qt) and another 5 qt. I have used it and beat the crap out of it for years now, and I have not had any issues. I make dough, mousse, icing, batter, etc. I also have a hobart that is a million years old, and still runs good. Hope that helps. I am a kitchen aid girl so I am partial..

Snotface14 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Snotface14 Posted 8 Nov 2010 , 4:33am
post #4 of 4

Oh I would love a hobart but that's the thing of dreams for me.

I was very partial to Kenwood to since my old one lasted 60 years obviously I'm not naieve enough to expect the next one to but it's something I don't want to have to think about for at least 10 years with the price of them.

I should have mentioned I'm in New Zealand's eartthquake capital Christchurch and the only KA one's I've seen over here at the Artisan range which only seem to have a 300w motor which concerns me slightly.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%