Idea Well Runneth Dry...multi Sport/team Ideas

Decorating By obsessed Updated 9 Nov 2010 , 3:16am by obsessed

obsessed Posted 8 Nov 2010 , 3:51am
post #1 of 6

I have been asked to make a cake by a repeat "customer" (this is just a hobby for me). It's for her boyfriend's birthday. I really like making cakes for her as she usually tells me a little bit about the person or what she had in mind and then leaves it up to me. This time, however, I just can't see it. She just wants a little 8 or 9" round/square and has given me the following information...

I have a golf, Rider, Maple leaf fan on my hands, who enjoys the VLT's, crown royal and is an iron worker,

I would really like to try and incorporate at least a few of his favorite things or maybe I should just pick one (?)...doesn't matter either way...I still can't picture anything in my head. I did a quick browse in the galleries for inspiration but came up dry....

Can anyone help me???? Pleeeeaaase! icon_smile.gif And Thanks in Advance! icon_smile.gif

5 replies
myslady Posted 8 Nov 2010 , 8:39am
post #2 of 6

Since it's fall and time for the leaves to change colors, you could make a guy playing golf on maple leaf shaped cake changing colors. Use green as one of the colors to make it the "green" for the course or do the team maple left on the cake with a golf player instead of a hockey player.

Caths_Cakes Posted 8 Nov 2010 , 8:57am
post #3 of 6

Why not keep it really simple, and use small coloured maple leaves, to make a pretty border round the cake? with a golf club and ball on the top with happy Bday on it ? x

indydebi Posted 8 Nov 2010 , 10:59am
post #4 of 6

a square cake with different decors on each side ... like each one is a picture or a window of his favorite hobby?

indydebi Posted 8 Nov 2010 , 11:00am
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caths_Cakes

Why not keep it really simple, and use small coloured maple leaves, to make a pretty border round the cake? with a golf club and ball on the top with happy Bday on it ? x

I like this idea.

obsessed Posted 9 Nov 2010 , 3:16am
post #6 of 6

thanks everyone! all good ideas...I think that my favorite so far is the square with a different theme on each side. i still have some time so if anyone else has any other suggestions, please post! TIA

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%