Cake Boss Fashionista Cake Question

Lounge By Renoir Updated 7 Nov 2010 , 10:35pm by Susie53

Renoir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Renoir Posted 7 Nov 2010 , 5:43pm
post #1 of 7

Can someone tell me what the white object in the middle of the cake is, under the toe of the shoe?

6 replies
Normita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Normita Posted 7 Nov 2010 , 6:04pm
post #2 of 7

Do you have a pix of the cake so we can see what your referring to....I dont remember what the cake looks like.

brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 7 Nov 2010 , 6:06pm
post #3 of 7

have you got a picture? this is what came up in google, but it doesnt look like theres anything there, unless it was just a support while it dried? if so, you can use anything really, i like tinfoil wrapped in clingfilm or just clingfilm.

xx

Corrie76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Corrie76 Posted 7 Nov 2010 , 6:39pm
post #4 of 7

To me it just looks like a white fondant covered cake to maybe look like a white wrapped package or something like it. it's pretty smart actually to do something simple since it's job is to support a shoe and provide slices and not really to be on display. I have a love/hate relationship with that Cake Boss show, I love the cakes they make and seeing some techniques....but I hate all the horrible acting and contrived story lines in each episode. That family is so annoying!

Normita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Normita Posted 7 Nov 2010 , 7:44pm
post #5 of 7

I think its just a little cake covered in fondant to support the shoe. If you dont want to make it out of cake...just get some styrofoam and cover it with fondant

Renoir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Renoir Posted 7 Nov 2010 , 10:22pm
post #6 of 7

I was thinking that it was just a small cake with fondant over it to look like it was just a cloth covering something. Ok, that works for me. Thanks everyone!

Susie53 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Susie53 Posted 7 Nov 2010 , 10:35pm
post #7 of 7

It looks as though its just a little cake covered in fondant to support the shoe.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%