Flavoured Buttercream

Decorating By 14September Updated 8 Nov 2010 , 7:04am by JanH

14September Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
14September Posted 7 Nov 2010 , 4:03pm
post #1 of 2

Please could I ask for some advice?

I have just discovered Indydebi's buttercream and it has been hailed a scuccess by all my family and my customer this morning! So I shall be making it always in the future.

However - it got me thinking! If dream topping makes it taste delicious, could I use other Instant Whip or Angel Delight kind of instant dessert packet powders to get other flavours, eg butterscotch, chocolate, strawberry?

If I make up the dream topping or Angel Delight with a little warm milk and beat it into the icing sugar and butter, would you think that would taste good?

Many thanks.

1 reply
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 8 Nov 2010 , 7:04am
post #2 of 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14September

However - it got me thinking! If dream topping makes it taste delicious, could I use other Instant Whip or Angel Delight kind of instant dessert packet powders to get other flavours, eg butterscotch, chocolate, strawberry?

Wouldn't it be easier to just use extracts to obtain the flavor you want?
(The flavored packets aren't intended to be used a flavoring agents, so you'd need to supplement with extract anyway...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Septbember

If I make up the dream topping or Angel Delight with a little warm milk and beat it into the icing sugar and butter, would you think that would taste good?

If you'd like to experiment and create an entirely new recipe, then go ahead! But I generally don't mess with a good recipe when I find one. icon_lol.gif

HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%