First Impressions Rose Mould Reviews?

Decorating By Sweet_Toof Updated 7 Nov 2010 , 9:13pm by icer101

Sweet_Toof Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweet_Toof Posted 7 Nov 2010 , 11:40am
post #1 of 6

I was contemplating buying the First Impressions Rose mould to use on cakes needing to stick to a lower budget, or family cakes that will just save me time.
I've actually got the First Impressions Newborn Baby mould which is just amazing.
I can't see a side view of this rose and I'm just wondering if anyone has it, what their reviews on it? I'm sure you cant beat the real thing so is it worth it?

5 replies
DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 7 Nov 2010 , 3:44pm
post #2 of 6

It does make an amazing rose. However, the whole thing unmolded is about 1/4-inch thick and flat on the back. It's not like you're going to get full, 3D roses you can put on top of a cake with this mold.

I'd post a pic of a rose I have made with the mold, but don't really want to go thru the hassle of trying to upload it here. I hope they get that picture-uploading problem fixed soon.

Rusti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rusti Posted 7 Nov 2010 , 8:10pm
post #3 of 6

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1827635.html
This is a picture of some cupcakes that were decorated with a first impression mold roses galore. Hope it helps.

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 7 Nov 2010 , 8:48pm
post #4 of 6

Rusti, your cupcakes are gorgeous. I do love the rose mold you used. Will have to get me one.

Rusti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rusti Posted 7 Nov 2010 , 8:55pm
post #5 of 6

NO, the cupcakes were not mine, they were just a picture I found here of someone who had used a First Impression rose mold. I agree they are beautiful but they are not mine.

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 7 Nov 2010 , 9:13pm
post #6 of 6

GOTCHA!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%