Cupcakes With Cream Cheese Frosting

Baking By karateka Updated 7 Nov 2010 , 12:23am by CakesbyCarla

karateka Posted 6 Nov 2010 , 10:07pm
post #1 of 3

I have a wedding with 60 cupcakes. Half red velvet with cream cheese frosting and half yellow cake with chocolate cream cheese frosting.

I want to bake and frost the cuppies the day before the wedding. Then they have to be refrigerated, but I don't have enough airtight containers....will they be ok if I put them in bakery boxes that are wrapped in plastic wrap? I don't want stale or dry cupcakes, but I can't frost and decorate them the day of.

They will be sitting out for about 1.5-2 hours after delivery so the frosting softens up.....will the cakes themselves still be good?

2 replies
steffiessweet_sin_sations Posted 6 Nov 2010 , 10:58pm
post #2 of 3

karateka, just leave them unfrosted on the counter in your boxes. if u put them in airtight containers i have found the liners peel! yuck!! the only prob i ever have with cream cheese frosting is the frosting does tend to get very soft, but we live in oklahoma, its soooo hot and humid here!! i always bake as close to the day of delivery as poss and frost that morning. cream cheese goes on right before i leave to deliver, just because it does get soft. there are some cream cheese frosting recipes on this site that people swear by, although i havent tried them. if u have to, bake 2 days ahead and pop them in the freezer. that works too.

CakesbyCarla Posted 7 Nov 2010 , 12:23am
post #3 of 3

Does your cream cheese frosting recipe specifically say to refrigerate? Most recipes do not require this - so double check. You may not have to worry after all. With the weather cooling off prertty much everywhere, I would think room temp would suffice (unless, like I said, the recipe specifically states otherwise).

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%