3-D Hot Air Balloon Finished

Decorating By Ybird Updated 7 Nov 2010 , 4:30pm by Ybird

Ybird Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ybird Posted 6 Nov 2010 , 10:07pm
post #1 of 4

Hi, thankyou to everyone who helped me with idears for doing the hot air balloon cake, i done the last touches on it this morning and gave it to my other half this afternoon. He loved it. Only thing was the balloon part was really heavy which ment the dowels didnt like balancing it so we had to be quick with the singing so we could take it of to cut it before it fell off.The basket worked fine with no problems.
Think if i do another one i would try and make it on a cake stand so i no it will hold.

cant seem to upload a picture on to hear but you can view the cake in my photos to have a look[/size].[/size]

3 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 7 Nov 2010 , 12:36am
post #2 of 4

Very Cool!

jenscreativity Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenscreativity Posted 7 Nov 2010 , 12:57am
post #3 of 4

NICE Job! It did look very heavy for the cake..perhaps you can even use the cake stands/pillars, and cover them with fondant instead of dowels, next time. I'm sure that would work too! Good job.

Ybird Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ybird Posted 7 Nov 2010 , 4:30pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks. yeah it was really heavy it had 4 cakes inside it, and the basket had 3 layers inside. i took a layer out of the ballon as it was getting quite tall aswell. Think i need to master how to carve a cake next as i would of liked to take more of the balloon to make it more narrow at the bottom but it was crumbling really easy.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%