Cookie Advent Calendar?

Baking By Dayti Updated 7 Nov 2010 , 11:58pm by Dayti

Dayti Posted 6 Nov 2010 , 9:09pm
post #1 of 5

Hi cookie bakers and decorators!

I am not an avid cookie maker, but I really want to try and make up some cookies as if they were an advent calendar...you know, 25 different cookies in a few shapes, with 1-25 on each, decorated with holiday colours etc.

What do you think the best way to package them would be? I was thinking for ease just to package all 25 into a box and sell them that way, but it's kind of boring. Any creative types with quick and easy but effective packaging ideas?? I would ideally make up a few boxes (or whatever I end up using) to try and sell...

Thanks for any help or advice you could give me!

4 replies
OneCreativeCookie Posted 7 Nov 2010 , 4:16pm
post #2 of 5

Have you considered individually bagging them? A clear cello bag tied with a pretty coordinating ribbon could be very nice. And, you could then put them in a basket or box.

Although I don't generally keep my cookies for much more than 1 week, individually bagging them would certainly aid in keeping them fresh for the full length of advent. (I assume they are meant to be eaten one each day...) Perhaps an airtight container could be included in your package price to help keep them fresh?

Good luck and keep us posted on what you come up with!

BakingGirl Posted 7 Nov 2010 , 4:41pm
post #3 of 5

Why not individually bag them, then tie each bag to a pretty ribbon before putting into the box. That way the customer can take the string of cookies out of the box and hang it up like a calendar.

CookieCrazy_grozzie11 Posted 7 Nov 2010 , 10:25pm
post #4 of 5

I love how you people can just think outside of the box. I slept on that one, and NOTHING... sorry no help here.

I have been looking for a timber tree, I am now thinking of making one out of dowel rods, without the base on, it would lie flat on the table.
to be a bit like this... it may come in handy for you?
-
--
----

of course with the vertical bits and a base, if that makes any sense.

Dayti Posted 7 Nov 2010 , 11:58pm
post #5 of 5

Yes, I think that is what I'll do, individually bag them in cellophane bags with ribbons, then put them in a windowed box. If I wrap them in anything else, to try and make them a "surprise" for each day, people can't see them properly to want to buy them!
I'm actually wondering whether I can sell them at a reasonable price to be honest...I don't think many people here would be willing to pay more than 30 for the box. If I do do it, I will put pictures on here though.
Thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%