Photographhing Your Work?

Baking By OneCreativeCookie Updated 8 Nov 2010 , 4:26pm by Dreme

OneCreativeCookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OneCreativeCookie Posted 6 Nov 2010 , 6:20pm
post #1 of 6

Hi All,

Does anyone have any suggestions/tips for photographing your work? I have a lot of my cookies documented and they are fine for my website, but really not great and I would love to be able to improve the quality of my photographs. I'm always in a bit of a hurry - photographing just before I bag them for a client. I've been using a plain white tablecloth w/ a big box behind so I can stand them up or photograph them on an angle laying flat. I try to use natural light as often as possible.

Any tips/suggestions?

Thanks!
~Kelly

5 replies
mbark Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbark Posted 6 Nov 2010 , 6:50pm
post #2 of 6

I do the same thing as you. Do you have any pictures to show what your current photographs look like?

OneCreativeCookie Posted 6 Nov 2010 , 9:26pm
post #3 of 6

Let's see if these images will load...I didn't have luck the last time I tried icon_wink.gif

OneCreativeCookie Posted 6 Nov 2010 , 9:34pm
post #4 of 6

OK, I don't know why I can't load images...I'm sorry!

breyes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
breyes Posted 8 Nov 2010 , 2:14am
post #5 of 6

I would also be interested in how people photograph their work. Some of the pictures are beautiful. I have tried various backgrounds and continue to struggle with the images and would love to try to put together a portfolio.

Dreme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dreme Posted 8 Nov 2010 , 4:26pm
post #6 of 6

I use two sheets of white poster board. One laying flat, and one taped to the top of a tall box so that it curves when it overlaps the first sheet. Occasionally I will use natural light, but most of the time I use a tall lamp with settings. My camera is a 10 megapixel. After each photo is loaded onto my computer I do a little photoshoping to clean up any blemishes in the photo.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%