Dream Topping!

Baking By 14September Updated 6 Nov 2010 , 6:28pm by 14September

14September Posted 6 Nov 2010 , 5:47pm
post #1 of 5

Hello!

I am new here but have enjoyed lurking and reading and dipping in and out of threads and learning so much.
Perhaps you could help me with something I am not quite sure I understand.

Buttercream ... I have read several times that people add dream topping to it? I have bought some dream topping and want to make buttercream tomorrow so how do I use it? Do you add it as a powder to the BC, or make it up with milk and then add it, like a cream?

Any advice would be very gratefully received!

I have just started selling my cupcakes, and after reading all your comments, I realise I need to charge a LOT more for them, so thank you all!

4 replies
JawdroppingCakes Posted 6 Nov 2010 , 5:52pm
post #2 of 5

I use it all the time, its a recipe posted here by Indydebi! You just put in 3 tb into the recipe and it whips up nicely and is great to work with!

14September Posted 6 Nov 2010 , 6:08pm
post #3 of 5

Thanks jawdropping, do you mean 3 tbspoons of the dry powder or 3 tbsp of it made up to cream with milk? Add the dry powder with the icing sugar?

cakecraft Posted 6 Nov 2010 , 6:11pm
post #4 of 5

I think the recipe means for you to just add the dry powder, but I always dissolve mine in warm milk (using some of the milk the recipe calls for). Makes the final produc less "gritty". There is another active thread right now discussing this as well. HTH

14September Posted 6 Nov 2010 , 6:28pm
post #5 of 5

Thank you - will try and follow the other thread then!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%