Cupcake Liners Look Bad After Baking!

Baking By dholdenrn Updated 12 Nov 2010 , 3:47am by Carlachef

dholdenrn Posted 6 Nov 2010 , 5:42pm
post #1 of 16

I am just starting to add cupcakes to our line of products. I have bought beautiful liners, then when I bake them, they come out of the oven looking bad. They look greasy and nothing like they did before I baked them. How do you prevent this?

15 replies
karenm0712 Posted 6 Nov 2010 , 5:52pm
post #2 of 16

Good question! I think it depends on the brand but am not sure. Hopefully some others chime in here too. icon_biggrin.gif

bakencake Posted 6 Nov 2010 , 5:55pm
post #3 of 16

I haven't worked with really nice or expensive liners, that being said i suffer from the same thing. since my liners are cheap what I do is I double them up before baking. When they come out you only see the 2nd liner and it looks way better than just using one.

ayerim979 Posted 6 Nov 2010 , 5:56pm
post #4 of 16

I had that once happen to me but I think I overbaked my cuppies. The liner has started to turn brown

frenchyfood Posted 8 Nov 2010 , 7:30pm
post #5 of 16

I have the exact same problem, but even doubling did not help icon_sad.gif

sweetideas Posted 11 Nov 2010 , 6:59pm
post #6 of 16

Someone at my ICES meeting suggested using a not so expensive liner and after baking put that into your pretty liner. I don't do cupcakes much, but just a suggestion.

susgene Posted 11 Nov 2010 , 7:21pm
post #7 of 16

I bought some pretty ones at the grocery store that have foil on the inside and pretty paper on the outside. Reynolds brand - pretty black and white scroll pattern. Foolproof - and I should know! They stay beautiful on the outside and the price is reasonable.

pastryqueen9 Posted 11 Nov 2010 , 9:29pm
post #8 of 16

I'm not sure price really has anything to do with it. I purchased some very pricey liners because the same thing was happening to me (pretty b4 you bake and blah afterward), but it didn't make a difference. I did notice once that I accidentally doubled wrappers and it came out a lot better. So I'm going to try doing that from now on.

scp1127 Posted 12 Nov 2010 , 1:37am
post #9 of 16

Reynolds foil liners have been 100% perfect, so they became the only ones I use in my business. I have experimented with plenty and these take the worry out of my presentation.

HamSquad Posted 12 Nov 2010 , 2:04am
post #10 of 16

I just had this same problem with cupcakes I made recently. I didn't even post the pictures here on cc because the liners looked so bad after I baked them. I'm glad I ran across this posting. I will bake my next cupcakes in another liner, then add to the prettier ones for a cleaner look. Thanks for the suggestion. I ended up using an empty cupcake liner on the smash cake and the BC center bled thru, yucko!
Thanks

rharris524 Posted 12 Nov 2010 , 2:18am
post #11 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by scp1127

Reynolds foil liners have been 100% perfect, so they became the only ones I use in my business. I have experimented with plenty and these take the worry out of my presentation.

Same here!

dholdenrn Posted 12 Nov 2010 , 3:18am
post #12 of 16

Thanks for the suggestions! I tried the foil liners and they work perfectly!

ptanyer Posted 12 Nov 2010 , 3:36am
post #13 of 16

Where do you buy the Reynolds cupcake wrappers?

dholdenrn Posted 12 Nov 2010 , 3:37am
post #14 of 16

walmart

bohemiagetsajob Posted 12 Nov 2010 , 3:44am
post #15 of 16

The Reynold's liners are called staybrite and they are the only ones I like to use anymore.

Carlachef Posted 12 Nov 2010 , 3:47am
post #16 of 16

The only true thing that works is grease proof liners. They of course are more expensive but worth it. There are many colors and designs out there. I would try Globalsugarart.com otherwise just buy the white ones and make the designs on top of your cupcake. You'll notice you don't see the pros using fancy liners.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%