Edible Printer Images

Decorating By lyndya Updated 8 Nov 2010 , 3:24am by icingimages

lyndya Posted 6 Nov 2010 , 11:36am
post #1 of 6

How valuable is an edible printer to your business?? To date, I have been hand-painting anything I need. Looks like a printer would be alot easier; but also looks to be costly. Any opinions???

5 replies
Kiddiekakes Posted 6 Nov 2010 , 3:06pm
post #2 of 6

It is a costly set up...I think I paid about $300.00 once I had the printer,inks and paper but like you said it is less time when you can just print something.The only thing I don't like is the unrealiability..some days it prints great..other days the black blots out at the edge of the image..Grrr...and sometime the colors are not a vivd as the actual picture you are printing....all in all I like mine but when and if I have to replace it...I'm not sure I will....

blissfulbaker Posted 6 Nov 2010 , 3:22pm
post #3 of 6

You can ask your local grocery store, to print the images for you on their edible ink printer. They will charge you for the images but it is still less costly than purchasing on and you are not stuck with the hassles of the clogged printer head.

lyndya Posted 6 Nov 2010 , 5:40pm
post #4 of 6

The local grocer bakery idea sounds perfect for me. At least at first, so I can judge the quality of the images. Thanks!

Loucinda Posted 6 Nov 2010 , 5:46pm
post #5 of 6

I know the set up I bought makes a LOT nicer prints than any I ever bought from the bakeries. I was plesantly surprised about that. Much sharper and clearer images. I have an Epson C-88+ printer and kopykake inks and EI sheets. I print something every 2 weeks to keep the heads cleaned, have had it for almost a year now and never (knock on wood) had a problem with it. IMO, there was no comparison to what I can print and what I was getting at the stores.

icingimages Posted 8 Nov 2010 , 3:24am
post #6 of 6

You want to make sure that when choosing an edible printer that you will be using it at least once per week. If you cant you want to make sure that you print on regular paper at least that often. I do not recommend it otherwise. But if you are printing at least once a week, you can generally pay for the entire setup in under 50 prints. In addition, to the time savings. I recommend strongly a Canon printer due to the removable printhead. It makes things so much easier if you do have a problem

Quote by @%username% on %date%