North Carolina Laws

Business By JanessaJo Updated 9 Nov 2010 , 5:26am by kraziebaker

JanessaJo Posted 6 Nov 2010 , 12:29am
post #1 of 5

So from a previous topic, I have learned that NC does allow a home-based baking business. I skimmed through but couldn't find anyone talking specifics about NC.

So pretty much I would just like to know specifics for NC....I have been making cakes for friends and they have been giving me money for doing it, and I am currently trying to get my name out there....and just ordered some cards to promote my name.....hopefully I didn't waste my $ on them.

4 replies
JanessaJo Posted 6 Nov 2010 , 12:45am
post #2 of 5

honestly I think I can answer my own question because I live in an apartment and the people downstairs have like 10 cats who hang out all over the place I'm pretty sure I wouldn't pass an inspection....damn!

LaurenLuLu Posted 6 Nov 2010 , 2:45am
post #3 of 5

Check out that link.. We're neighbors, I'm in High Point! Wanted to say that you can't accept payment for cakes without having a license because then it becomes a source of income and must be taxed. Also along with selling cakes comes the responsibility of having insurance in case someone gets sick from something you made, it's a protection for you. Good luck!!

JanessaJo Posted 6 Nov 2010 , 3:40am
post #4 of 5

well boo that stinks! i guess im gonna have to give up my hobby cause i cant make cakes for free =(

kraziebaker Posted 9 Nov 2010 , 5:26am
post #5 of 5

I have two questions for Home Based in NC.
1. If you've incorporated your business name do you still need additional insurance.
2. When applying for you business license what is an average amount to put as estimated sales for a year if you just starting out

Quote by @%username% on %date%