Almost Free Confectioners Sugar - Sam's Club

Decorating By glow0369 Updated 9 Nov 2010 , 5:02pm by deijha

glow0369 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
glow0369 Posted 5 Nov 2010 , 11:20pm
post #1 of 24

Don't know what is in your area, but Sams Club has a one time sale of 7 lbs of CS for 4 bucks.....Was in today and bought a lot. icon_smile.gif

23 replies
3GCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
3GCakes Posted 5 Nov 2010 , 11:30pm
post #2 of 24

WOW! Any idea how long it lasts?

Just might make up for the spike in butter! (maybe a little).

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 5 Nov 2010 , 11:40pm
post #3 of 24

My Sams sells the Bakers & Chefs 10x Powdered Sugar - 7 lb. bag for $4.69 everyday.

Was your Sams selling a name brand, like C&H or Domino, for that price?

MJoycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MJoycake Posted 5 Nov 2010 , 11:46pm
post #4 of 24

My Sam's has a 7 lb bag of Domino confectioner's sugar for $5.87...it was under $5 not long ago, but that wasn't a sale price.

glow0369 Posted 5 Nov 2010 , 11:48pm
post #5 of 24

Yes, it is Bakers and Chefs...I go into Sams all the time and I have never seen this before..I thought I found a deal.....

JanH Posted 5 Nov 2010 , 11:56pm
post #6 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJoycake

My Sam's has a 7 lb bag of Domino confectioner's sugar for $5.87...it was under $5 not long ago, but that wasn't a sale price.

Wish my Sams carried Domino's or C&H in the 7# bags or even the 25#...

Quote:
Originally Posted by glow0369

Yes, it is Bakers and Chefs...I go into Sams all the time and I have never seen this before..I thought I found a deal.....

Well, it is $.69 off a package - and every little bit helps! (And after all it's in time for the holiday baking season.) icon_biggrin.gif

lecie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lecie Posted 6 Nov 2010 , 12:25am
post #7 of 24

omg I'm going to Sam Club in the morning. Thanks ladies! I did not know it sales for that prices this is so saving me so much money.

DALIG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DALIG Posted 6 Nov 2010 , 1:04am
post #8 of 24

well i have a question to all of you sams shoppers since my sams card expired and i never renew it, is the corn syrup cheaper there my sister in law could get it for me and since i use it a lot for my fondant i was wondering if you all could give me a hint of where i could save a little money. and thanks for the heads up about the confectioners sugar

JanH Posted 6 Nov 2010 , 1:14am
post #9 of 24

My Sam's doesn't carry corn syrup, but some must since a 64 oz. bottle of Karo's light came up when I googled it:

http://www.samsclub.com/sams/shop/product.jsp?productId=prod1620658

Did find 16 oz. bottles of generic light corn syrup at Dollar Tree, so I bought several....

HTH

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 6 Nov 2010 , 1:18am
post #10 of 24

I don't buy the Sam's sugar because it seemed to get lumpy on me...but I do love to buy flour and granulated sugar there...also eggs are cheaper and vanilla, and we buy our milk and cream there too...oh and ghiradelli dark chocolate chips for ganache.

glow0369 Posted 6 Nov 2010 , 1:50am
post #11 of 24

OH no, so I'm stuck with all this sugar that may not work. I have never tried this brand before. Jan, do you have problems with this sugar? (and what's wrong with the rotate button?)

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 6 Nov 2010 , 1:52am
post #12 of 24

Oh no you're probably fine!!!! I just like using entire bags better myself!

elliespartycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elliespartycake Posted 6 Nov 2010 , 2:14am
post #13 of 24

Don't worry Glow03, I use the Bakers & Chefs powdered sugar all the time, no problems at all.

CocoaBlondie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CocoaBlondie Posted 6 Nov 2010 , 2:27am
post #14 of 24

Where I'm from our Sam's club has a 7lb bag of Domino 4.77. I just came across this about a month ago. I was so excited icon_biggrin.gif Oh yes, there H.Cream is so cheap to.

Linss Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Linss Posted 6 Nov 2010 , 2:28am
post #15 of 24

I use it too! All the time... Never had a problem.

CocoaBlondie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CocoaBlondie Posted 6 Nov 2010 , 2:31am
post #16 of 24

When I come across great deals like this, it's so hard to pay more anywere else. It's always in the back of your mind when I'm out shopping.

melissad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melissad Posted 8 Nov 2010 , 3:07am
post #17 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by DALIG

well i have a question to all of you sams shoppers since my sams card expired and i never renew it, is the corn syrup cheaper there my sister in law could get it for me and since i use it a lot for my fondant i was wondering if you all could give me a hint of where i could save a little money. and thanks for the heads up about the confectioners sugar

They used to carry corn syrup at our Sams, and it was much cheaper than the grocery store, but they stopped carying it a couple years ago. I wish they would bring it back because we go through a lot of it at the holidays for carmel corn, candy making, etc.

blessedist Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blessedist Posted 8 Nov 2010 , 3:16am
post #18 of 24

My Sam's sells the 7lb bag for around $4.46 everyday. I don't remember the brand, but I know it's pink on the outside

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 8 Nov 2010 , 4:05pm
post #19 of 24

The last 7lb bags I bought at Sam's weren't a name brand are made from beet sugar. If you aren't buying a name brand, be sure to read the ingredients list. You want to see cane or pure cane sugar and cornstarch, not just sugar and cornstarch.

I know when I first started buying it there it was pure cane, but with off/store brands they can change from beet to pure cane.

I looked the last time I was there and the 50lb bag was pure cane. I'm considering getting it, I just have to figure out how to store it. icon_smile.gif

Herekittykitty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Herekittykitty Posted 8 Nov 2010 , 7:57pm
post #20 of 24

You beat me to it TexasSugar.

Baker's and Chefs is Beet, not Cane sugar (at least here). You might notice a difference, I won't use it personally.

TexasSugar Posted 8 Nov 2010 , 8:08pm
post #21 of 24

I could have sworn the first bags I bought there last Christmas were cane sugar, but I did notice over the summer the gritty texture. I've opened the last bag I bought, usually by two or three at a time, and I won't buy the 7lb again, unless it changes back.

glow0369 Posted 8 Nov 2010 , 11:01pm
post #22 of 24

Thanks for the clarification..I never thought to look specifically for cane sugar.

TexasSugar Posted 8 Nov 2010 , 11:13pm
post #23 of 24

You only have to look if it is a store brand or off brand, sometimes they are, some times they aren't. Name brands, Imperial, C&H, Diominos... well be pure cane.

deijha Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deijha Posted 9 Nov 2010 , 5:02pm
post #24 of 24

I use the Sam's brand all the time. I have never had any problems with it. I do sift it before I use it. I don't know if it's beet or not, but have not had a problem with taste or texture.
Jeanne

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%