Mamawrobin- Indydebi's Bc (Cream Cheese Variation) Help!

Baking By CiNoRi Updated 6 Nov 2010 , 9:45am by JanH

CiNoRi Posted 5 Nov 2010 , 9:43pm
post #1 of 4

I just posted on an older topic.... but now im getting an error that it doesn't exist...so lets try this here...

Someone out there posted a Cream Cheese BC variation to Indydebi's BC Recipe
My question is how safe is this for no refrigeration.... i have a cake for an afternoon party tomorrow... that i would love to be able to pipe out the details tonight....

Can i do this? and not have to refrigerate?!?!?

Thanks guys!~

3 replies
JanH Posted 6 Nov 2010 , 8:01am
post #2 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamawrobin

Quote:
Originally Posted by petitcakes

mamawrobin: do you refrigerate the cream cheese version that you use? I'm going to make some tonight, but wasn't sure if it needed refrigeration due to the cream cheese.

No I don't. This icing has enough sugar in it that the milk and cream cheese are safe w/o refrigeration. I don't know the scientific explanation but the sugar preserves the milk/cream cheese somehow... icon_lol.gifthumbs_up.gif

Some cream cheese icings do require refrigeration but this one doesn't. I think leily also has a cream cheese icing that doesn't require refrigeration and her recipe also crust. Haven't tried it yet but it sounds good. Her recipe has more cream cheese in it than this one does. I've thought about adding more cream cheese (and reducing the Crisco a little more) to my Indydebi 'variation' but I really don't care for cream cheese and I like it just the way it is.

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=687648&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=indydebi&&start=0
(page 2)

HTH

CiNoRi Posted 6 Nov 2010 , 8:08am
post #3 of 4

Thanks! i cant beleive i missed that... i think i just read it and thought of the reference to the normal BC recipe... thanks so much!

JanH Posted 6 Nov 2010 , 9:45am
post #4 of 4

You're most welcome. icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%