People's Court Judge Rules On Cake

Lounge By bakingpw Updated 6 Nov 2010 , 1:39am by Kellbella

bakingpw Posted 5 Nov 2010 , 8:51pm
post #1 of 3

It was an engagement party - The irate mom is upset because the bakery spelled the girls name wrong and the cake was cracked. Cost of the cake was $55. The venue has been using this bakery for 15 years. Someone at the venue signed for the cake when it was delivered at 3:00 for a 7:00 party.

Now the mom is suing the venue for $5000. because the "cake ruined their party". The Judge asks "what did you try to do to make this right?" Venue offered mom $100. for the bar tab they had run up at the party and their apology. Mom at that time accepted the offer and continued to party ~ the cake is cut and served.

But, now she's suing. The judge looks at the mom and says "Do you really believe I'm going to give you 100% of your money back because they spelled the name wrong and the cake cracked?" Judge says "Listen, life is filled with small problems...it's a mis-spelled name on a cake, folks...this stuff happens. Award is as it was negotiated that night: $100. from venue and apology.

Some people!

2 replies
funcakes Posted 5 Nov 2010 , 10:36pm
post #2 of 3

I did not see that. I love People's Court.
I am home from work so I turned on the new Nancy Grace show. A 50ish bride and groom were suing a home baker for "ruining their wedding" because the cake ($200) didn't have the look of "running water" like a stream. It had a pond and her new hubbie doesn't fish in ponds.
Did they tell the baker they wanted running water-well no they didn't and the people at the wedding ate the cake but the new bride was bubblering.
So, brillant-my mind's made up don't confuse me with the facts-Nancy Grace made the baker give back ALL the money.
Can't believe that woman was ever a working lawyer, least of all a prosecutor-I see the Innocent Project soon to be at work on her old cases.
JMHO-please don't flame me if you really like her and her new show, we are all intitled to our different opinions-right?

Kellbella Posted 6 Nov 2010 , 1:39am
post #3 of 3

OMG icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gif It is amazing what people will find to sue someone about!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%