On A Diet

Baking By Renesaindon Updated 5 Nov 2010 , 7:44pm by Renesaindon

Renesaindon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Renesaindon Posted 5 Nov 2010 , 5:22pm
post #1 of 10

Anyone have any diet cake or diet icing recipes that taste good? I have a huge sweet tooth and this diet is killing me!

9 replies
GGFan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GGFan Posted 5 Nov 2010 , 5:31pm
post #2 of 10

I don't have a good recipe but try hungry-girl dot com. She has low cal recipe that's pretty good I heard.

Renesaindon Posted 5 Nov 2010 , 5:44pm
post #3 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by GGFan

I don't have a good recipe but try hungry-girl dot com. She has low cal recipe that's pretty good I heard.

thanks, I'll check it out!

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 5 Nov 2010 , 5:48pm
post #4 of 10

I don't use diet recipes when it comes to cakes. To me a cake is a treat, and should be enjoyed, in moderation or small portions.

I do have a low fat lemon blueberry pound cake, but it's still pretty high in calories.

I don't do alot of diet baking. If I want cookies, then I make them, eat one or two, then send the rest somewhere else. If I try to avoid cookies at all cost then I will end up buying a big package of chocolate chip cookies, or even just cookie dough and eating it all myself.

I do like the 100 calorie snack packs when I do want something sweet but don't want to bake something. That way I get a sweet treat, it is limited and I can go about my day. And fruits will often help with sweet cravings as well. I love a apple sliced up, with a little bit of brown sugar and cinnamon 'baked' in the microwave.

Renesaindon Posted 5 Nov 2010 , 5:52pm
post #5 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasSugar

I don't use diet recipes when it comes to cakes. To me a cake is a treat, and should be enjoyed, in moderation or small portions.

I do have a low fat lemon blueberry pound cake, but it's still pretty high in calories.

I don't do alot of diet baking. If I want cookies, then I make them, eat one or two, then send the rest somewhere else. If I try to avoid cookies at all cost then I will end up buying a big package of chocolate chip cookies, or even just cookie dough and eating it all myself.

I do like the 100 calorie snack packs when I do want something sweet but don't want to bake something. That way I get a sweet treat, it is limited and I can go about my day. And fruits will often help with sweet cravings as well. I love a apple sliced up, with a little bit of brown sugar and cinnamon 'baked' in the microwave.

I am doing many of these things, but it doesn't help me practice with my cake baking.

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 5 Nov 2010 , 6:49pm
post #6 of 10

I bake and give it away.

If you are trying a new flavor, then have a bite or two. That's all you need to taste it, not a huge piece. Also enlist others to be taste testers for ya. icon_smile.gif

I found a quote the other day that I love.

"Diet tip: If you fatten up everyone else around you, you will look thinner."

oakleygirl77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
oakleygirl77 Posted 5 Nov 2010 , 7:11pm
post #7 of 10

I had someone ask me to do a low fat cake for someone that was on a diet and I made her a Strawberry Shortcake Cake. I used a white cake mix...without egg yolks...and then cut up fresh strawberries and mixed it with light Cool Whip as the filling and then covered the cake with light Cool Whip and cut up strawberries and put them around the sides and top of the cake. More people wanted the Strawberry Shortcake than the other cake. I love the taste of it too!! It doesn't taste low fat at all.

Renesaindon Posted 5 Nov 2010 , 7:30pm
post #8 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by oakleygirl77

I had someone ask me to do a low fat cake for someone that was on a diet and I made her a Strawberry Shortcake Cake. I used a white cake mix...without egg yolks...and then cut up fresh strawberries and mixed it with light Cool Whip as the filling and then covered the cake with light Cool Whip and cut up strawberries and put them around the sides and top of the cake. More people wanted the Strawberry Shortcake than the other cake. I love the taste of it too!! It doesn't taste low fat at all.

that sounds fabulous and sounds like it would be awesome for thanksgiving which I have already planned as a splurge WEEKEND, not day. LOL

What I really need is a cake I can put icing on and practice my icing and border skills on. :O)

chrisviz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chrisviz Posted 5 Nov 2010 , 7:30pm
post #9 of 10

I would never make this for someone, but you can use a can of diet sode with a box cake mix (diet cola for chocolate, lemon-lime for most other flavors) ...make cupcakes... top with nonfat/sugar free coolwhip if you like.. viola. 1 pt weight watchers and not to bad... curbs the urge at least. Oh they dont keep very long..they get gummy in ziplocks... I would freeze some.

just to clarify... just the diet soda and cake mix..no eggs, oil, etc.

Renesaindon Posted 5 Nov 2010 , 7:44pm
post #10 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisviz

I would never make this for someone, but you can use a can of diet sode with a box cake mix (diet cola for chocolate, lemon-lime for most other flavors) ...make cupcakes... top with nonfat/sugar free coolwhip if you like.. viola. 1 pt weight watchers and not to bad... curbs the urge at least. Oh they dont keep very long..they get gummy in ziplocks... I would freeze some.

just to clarify... just the diet soda and cake mix..no eggs, oil, etc.

interesting! How do they taste?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%