Elisa Srauss 3D Dog Tutorial On Youtube... In Her Book?

Decorating By Kiddiekakes Updated 11 Jan 2011 , 6:19pm by wrightway777

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 5 Nov 2010 , 1:02pm
post #1 of 7

I have an order for a 3D dog for a customer for Dec4th...I was watching Elisa Strauss's 3D Dog tutorial on YouTube and decided I could probably do that one but on a smaller scale..My question is this though...

Does anyone have her book Confetti cakes where that 3D dog is featured and is there more detailed pictures etc than the fast forward video?The reason I ask is there are a few structual things I would like to know better as the video kinda skipped over somethings..I don't have enough time to order the book from Amazon to get here in time..

I am wondering if someone who has the book would mind scanning and sending me the instructions/pictures of the 3D dog she made for her Dad's 60th birthday.It was a tan labradoodle.

I would really appreciate it!!

Thanks Laurel thumbs_up.gif

6 replies
FlourPots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlourPots Posted 5 Nov 2010 , 1:15pm
post #2 of 7

I have both of her books, but the dog is not in them...in fact, I think her first book was already out when she posted the link to the youtube vid on her blog.

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 5 Nov 2010 , 1:19pm
post #3 of 7

Thanks Flourpots for letting me know..At least I didn't buy the books to find that out later...

Do you know if there is a longer more detailed video of that tutorial?

Laurel icon_smile.gif

FlourPots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlourPots Posted 5 Nov 2010 , 1:26pm
post #4 of 7

I've never come across any other version of that video, but here's her blog post about it, not sure if it'll help: http://confetticakes.blogspot.com/2008/05/you-tube-video.html

wrightway777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wrightway777 Posted 5 Nov 2010 , 4:54pm
post #5 of 7

try asking your questions. I recently did a dog cake (lying down with head up) but I still watched her video a million times just to get little details that might be helpful.

dalis4joe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dalis4joe Posted 11 Jan 2011 , 5:42pm
post #6 of 7

can u post the link to her video? thanks

wrightway777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wrightway777 Posted 11 Jan 2011 , 6:19pm
post #7 of 7

Elisa's:

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%