The Warning Is True....this Place Is Addictive!

Decorating By vickistark Updated 6 Nov 2010 , 5:14pm by fairmaiden0101

vickistark Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vickistark Posted 5 Nov 2010 , 6:15am
post #1 of 6

I am new to decorating and find myself "stalking" this site! I must admit, every question I have had, the answer has been found here. Great site. I have learned how to make gumpaste flowers and wowed my aunt with her birthday cake topped with a bouquet of yellow roses. Now I am about to embark on my first doll cake for my grand nieces' birthday. Wish me luck, this will be the first one. The one question I haven't found answered on here would have to be how many servings do you get out of a doll cake? I don't need many but just wondering for future reference.

5 replies
fairmaiden0101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fairmaiden0101 Posted 5 Nov 2010 , 6:33am
post #2 of 6

Yes this site is very addicting, it is almost midnight and I should be fininshing studying now that my kids are in bed...but where am I icon_confused.gif ..Cake Central that's where! Anyhow, if you are talking about the wonder mold doll pan I believe the instructions states 12 servings, however I torte and fill mine ( some people dont )and it tends to make it go a little further. HTH and good luck on your next cake!

Peridot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peridot Posted 5 Nov 2010 , 4:06pm
post #3 of 6

It will wear off in about a year and a half as you will find it becomes repetitive. But this is a great site and I was addicted just like you. A great place to learn when you are new.

Gerle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gerle Posted 5 Nov 2010 , 8:58pm
post #4 of 6

Ohhhh, soooo true! I find myself coming back several times a day and staying for waaay too long! But there's so much good information here and so many helpful people. I, too, am new to decorating and there's soooo much to learn! Thanks to all those who are always so helpful.

HeyWife Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HeyWife Posted 6 Nov 2010 , 4:03am
post #5 of 6

I started lurking on here before I started my Wilton classes and was glad to know so many alternatives to what was taught. Love it!

fairmaiden0101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fairmaiden0101 Posted 6 Nov 2010 , 5:14pm
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peridot

It will wear off in about a year and a half as you will find it becomes repetitive. But this is a great site and I was addicted just like you. A great place to learn when you are new.

I think it is a great place to learn even if you are not new, as so many members here have been caking for years and still learning..and still very much addicted! icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%