Help W/mother's 51St B-Day Cake Idea (Elephant Separator)

Decorating By Angelfire3 Updated 6 Nov 2010 , 2:43pm by 3GCakes

Angelfire3 Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 6:38pm
post #1 of 4

Greeting all,
I need some ideas for my mother's birthday cake. Her 51st bday is on Saturday. She wants a chocolate cake AND a coconut cake. I decided to make her 2 cakes.

I've attached a photo of the candle-holder that I plan on using as a separator. I just need some design ideas for the cakes. She wants coconut sprinkles on her coconut cake & a chocolate cake w/chocolate icing.

For some reason, I can't think of a design. Thanks in advance.

SN: I'm having a really hard time trying to attach the photo. It just won't go through. So, here is a link to the photo that I'm talking about.

3 replies
3GCakes Posted 5 Nov 2010 , 4:11pm
post #2 of 4

That candle holder will make an awesome seperator!

Are you going to do larger cake on the bottom and smaller on top?

Is she a big fan of elephants, or more of the design and color style of the candle holder?

The first thing that comes to mind for the bottom cake is fondant elephant cut-outs on the side...maybe like black silhouettes and then jeweled and similar-colored saddles on each? (Think elephants linked by the trunk of the one in back and the tail of the one in when you cut out paper people and they are linked by their hands or feet).

Then maybe a smaller cake with one elephant on top, but a little bigger of an elephant, and matching colors/saddle.

Angelfire3 Posted 6 Nov 2010 , 3:10am
post #3 of 4

I'm glad I read this before I started decorating the cakes. All I've done today was crumb coat the cakes and chilled them. Tomorrow is my SAT so, I said, "I'll finish the cakes tomorrow afternoon."

My mother just loves, loves, loves elephants. I made her an 8 inch lemon coconut cake and a 9 inch chocolate cake w/white chocolate icing.

I love your idea. I may have to go with it. Thanks again for your advice. You were the only one out of 59 views~ icon_cool.gif to respond. thumbs_up.gif

3GCakes Posted 6 Nov 2010 , 2:43pm
post #4 of 4

No problem! Would love to see a pic when you're done. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%