Bubble Gum Roses

Decorating By tylersmom812 Updated 4 Nov 2010 , 6:33pm by Enchantedcakes

tylersmom812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tylersmom812 Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 5:54pm
post #1 of 2

just happened to be looking through all the pics and ran across a bubble gum rose...so pretty and what a cute idea...does anyone have the intructions or know where to find them on here? i looked through recipes and the articles but couldnt find it anywhere and the pic i saw came from like back in 2008...so if anyone knows it would be appreciate it..thanks

1 reply
Enchantedcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Enchantedcakes Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 6:33pm
post #2 of 2

I make two different types of bubble gum roses, the first type is a ribbon rose, I take like 10 pieces of double bubble and put them in the microwave for a few seconds and when they are cool enough to touch I need them into a paste and roll it out on my cell board with some powder sugar then I cut a strip and I roll into the ribbon rose the second type of rose I do looks like a traditional gum paste rose. You get the bubble gum that looks like tape, Hubba Bubble bubble tape, take the gum out and unroll it cut the gum with a knife into equal length strips then place the strips next to each other very slightly overlapping and roll out the bubble gum like fondant to make on large piece. Cut out your petals just like you would for a gum paste rose. For the cell bud use a ding dong lolly pop and put the first petal around it just like you would a regular cell bud then continue to make your rose, the heat of your hands should help you to manipulate the petals. HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%