I Need More Ideas

Business By Crazboutcakes Updated 4 Nov 2010 , 2:17pm by costumeczar

Crazboutcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crazboutcakes Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 2:12pm
post #1 of 2

Please help, I have just moved down in the area of Florida, don't really know any one and I am having hard time to get oders it's like going everyother week or so, (to few an far inbetween). I know my prices are competetive with the stores ( have fone my research) no one does 3 d's and specialty weddings or even custom cakes so the market is so wide open and this is a retirement community that from what I here love to party! I have posted flyers, doing the word of mouth thing been and tried to carry my portfolo ever where, So does any one have suggestions on what I can do to get in this sleepy lil town I live in? icon_sad.gif

1 reply
costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 2:17pm
post #2 of 2

First, check to see if it's legal for you to be selling cakes from your home (I assume that you're home-based, I could be wrong since you didn't mention it.) I don't think that you can in Florida, but the laws might be different in different parts of the state???

I think that there was a thread on here that someone had started about a bill to pass the cottage food laws for Florida, so you might want to get in touch with whoever wrote about that, they would know more about it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%