People Amaze And Disappoint Me!

Lounge By Renesaindon Updated 22 Nov 2010 , 4:01pm by Renesaindon

Renesaindon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Renesaindon Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 1:00pm
post #1 of 61

Wow! someone on here left a nasty note on my website that I should get off cake central during class time as they were pretty sure my students were more important than my cake hobby! What kind of judgmental jerk would do that? First of all, whoever it was didn't have the nerve to leave their name or any information so that they could be rebutted, second of all, whoever it was has no idea of my schedule or when I am where or when I even have students so mind your own business. I am guessing another baker that is less than thrilled about their own skills. Wow, I thought this was a good group to belong to, not so sure, now!

Very disappointed! icon_sad.gif

60 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 1:17pm
post #2 of 61

Wow..That is rude..Some people are just ignorant...99.9% of REGULARS here would never write such a thing so my guess it is someone who is a troll and not a real member...Don't sweat it!!

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 1:39pm
post #3 of 61

I'm so sorry that happened. It's awful to be approached in any such way with hostility, suspicion or judgementalism. (not sure if that's a word but you get me)

Just a similar act of "Oh my God" that happened recently to me--A jerk followed me home and blocked me in my driveway with his car. Police advised me to get a taser. I never had a more satisfying feeling of security when I left that store --it wasn't even activated but I had a most refreshing feeling of less vulnerability. Tremendous.

I don't know what you can do to feel better except to know that I feel for you! Could your website provider give you their IP address and you could pursue it that way?

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 1:55pm
post #4 of 61

Probably one of your coworkers, because who here would know you're a teacher?

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 2:30pm
post #5 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Rose

Probably one of your coworkers, because who here would know you're a teacher?

Texas Rose is probably right. That sounds like some of the stupid stuff that a coworker would do. But it might be another teacher who's also on here during work hours! Otherwise how would they know you were on here?

-K8memphis Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 2:32pm
post #6 of 61

The posts are time stamped.

costumeczar Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 2:45pm
post #7 of 61

But she said the comment was left on her website, not on here. It has to be someone who knows she was on here duing working hours, so that's most likely someone who saw her computer at work. Unless someone is really weird and is tracking the times on your posts, in which case they have more time on their hands than they need to.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 2:59pm
post #8 of 61

had something similar on a personal level. sent my ex a written letter on an issue. I was out of envelopes so used a company envelope (I was the dept secretary and they were handy). His sister tried to make a hey-day out of it by alerting certain people that I was doing personal business at work. Unfortunately for her, my word processor time stamped when I wrote the letter ... I showed the whole thing to my boss that I had done the work PRIOR to clocking in. Boss was ok with it (and she even bought me a box of plain envelopes! hahaha!). Point being is that an ex-sister-in-law tried to get me fired and she had no idea WHEN i wrote the letter. All she knew is that I mailed it in a company envelope.

In my hometown, a guy who worked for the sheriff's dept was running for mayor. Someone wrote a letter to the editor complaining about how this guy was using tax payer money to campaign. The sitting sheriff wrote a response letter to the editor informing all that the candidate always used vacation time for any political events and he refused to receive or make phone calls pertaining to the campaign while at work. The sheriff closed his letter with "And if you have any questions about how I run MY department, you are welcome to call me direct instead of making accusations in a public newspaper!"

People who think they know what's going on when they dont' know squat!! dunce.gif

Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 3:54pm
post #9 of 61

Yes, i am thinking it could be a sudent of yours - who is also a CC memeber.
Anyone on here can click on your website - and *they* would know its you.

I just did - not to mock or stalk you tho lollllllllllllllllllllll

Have you ever spoken about being a teacher in any post on here?
If not - then we wouldn't know that.

Bluehue.

-K8memphis Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 4:02pm
post #10 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluehue

Bluehue.

Nancy Drew's got nothing on Blue! Good eye on the teacher thing!

jen1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jen1977 Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 4:20pm
post #11 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluehue

Bluehue.

I just read a post from the front page asking about wedding cake flavor from about a week ago where she mentions several times that she's a teacher and is in class and can't call the customer, so it could have been someone from here.

I'm sorry someone decided t obe an idiot and leave you a comment about it. It's none of their business when you are CC, unless they are a parent of one of your students or your employer. I will say though that if my child's teacher were browsing the internet while the kiddos were in class, I would be super upset. I reported a sub a few years ago for leaving a reading group to check her texts.

costumeczar Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 5:00pm
post #12 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by jen1977

[I just read a post from the front page asking about wedding cake flavor from about a week ago where she mentions several times that she's a teacher and is in class and can't call the customer, so it could have been someone from here.

I'm sorry someone decided t obe an idiot and leave you a comment about it. It's none of their business when you are CC, unless they are a parent of one of your students or your employer. I will say though that if my child's teacher were browsing the internet while the kiddos were in class, I would be super upset. I reported a sub a few years ago for leaving a reading group to check her texts.

This is why I think it's probably someone she works with, it's the most logcial conclusion. I can see one teacher getting mad that another one is online during school and getting all snitty about it. I think if it was a parent they'd just complain to the principal about it. I have no idea why someone on here would post anything, though.

jen1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jen1977 Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 5:48pm
post #13 of 61

Neither do I.

costumeczar Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 6:11pm
post #14 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by jen1977

Neither do I.

Yeah, it reminds me of school politics a LOT. Very PTA. (And I'm editing to add that I was very involved in my kids' schools PTAs, and there were some real doozies and some really good ones. But anyone who's been on the board of the the PTA knows what I'm talking about! icon_lol.gif )

Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 5 Nov 2010 , 12:13am
post #15 of 61

Regardless of whether it was a member here or not, it was a cowardly and childish thing to do...

...BUT...

...should probably be taken as a cautionary point...a PP referred to a post in which you stated that you were in class...people notice...your school computer, internet and your salary are paid for with tax dollars. My school district has a very firm policy about personal use of school internet, especially in relation to an outside job or business. While many people might access their employers' resources for personal use once in a while, posting it on the internet is probably not wise.

Renesaindon Posted 5 Nov 2010 , 3:59am
post #16 of 61

It had to be someone on here as no one at school knew about my website yet and no one other than my partner know about it now, None of my coworkers are cake bakers or anything like that, so I know they were not accidentally on here.

The fact that I am a teacher is in my profile and I am a computer teacher so I am on the computer all day long. The day I was posting the questions I Needed help with, my students were taking a test and I was waiting for them to finish. They were not being neglected by any means. However, whoever posted the mess on my website didn't bother to find any of that out, they just judged and did so in a cowardly fashion.

Renesaindon Posted 5 Nov 2010 , 4:00am
post #17 of 61

P.S. I was really angry when I noticed it, today, and I apologize for lumping everyone in with this person. I didn't mean it to sound that way, even though it really couldn't have been taken any other way. My anger is no one's fault but theirs!

Bluehue Posted 5 Nov 2010 , 4:16am
post #18 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renesaindon

P.S. I was really angry when I noticed it, today, and I apologize for lumping everyone in with this person. I didn't mean it to sound that way, even though it really couldn't have been taken any other way. My anger is no one's fault but theirs!

Oh don't think that any one on here would be angry with you speaking about this matter - if anything i think we are rather icon_surprised.gif that someone/anyone would do such a thing.

You don't have to justify your time on here - whether you are at work or home... what you do and how you organise your time is just that - your time.

Its a sad fact of life that there are *those* who enjoy upsetting others and it just shows how sad a person they really are when they do it from behind a pc and not inform you of who they are....
Hoping today is a better day for you

Bluehue... icon_smile.gif

Renesaindon Posted 5 Nov 2010 , 4:22am
post #19 of 61

Bluehue, thank you! I guess I mentioned in one post, when someone told me to call my customer, that I couldn't as I was in class. This is the comment that seemed to have given them "permission" to attack me. What they don't know is that I am a computer teacher (on the computer all day long) and my kids were working on a test and I was waiting for them to finish. Not that it was any of their business. I just don't understand why some people feel the right to be so da*^ judgmental of others. I guess they must be perfect and must go by the name of God!

-K8memphis Posted 5 Nov 2010 , 9:31am
post #20 of 61

That is really a low blow. It's unsettling and unnerving and small small minded like pea brained and mean and cowardly.

I truly hate that that happened to you.

AND it's obvious you're a good teacher because it's documented that you said you could not get on the phone with your customer because you were in class. You were absolutely minding the store and doing your job!

(((big hug)))

Jen80 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jen80 Posted 5 Nov 2010 , 9:43am
post #21 of 61

Are you 'friends' with any of your students or their parents on FB?

Personal Facebook profile -> Facebook Business Profile -> Website. Not hard to follow.

Then, I got your name from your website typed it into google and found out that you and DH are mad keen car collectors, you look way too young for your age (lucky girl), what kind of dogs you have and where all your children are living.

You have two whole Google pages dedicated to you.

Dear girl, take some information down!!

costumeczar Posted 5 Nov 2010 , 10:38am
post #22 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen80

Are you 'friends' with any of your students or their parents on FB?

Personal Facebook profile -> Facebook Business Profile -> Website. Not hard to follow.

Then, I got your name from your website typed it into google and found out that you and DH are mad keen car collectors, you look way too young for your age (lucky girl), what kind of dogs you have and where all your children are living.

You have two whole Google pages dedicated to you.

Dear girl, take some information down!!

Yikes! icon_surprised.gif

Bluehue Posted 5 Nov 2010 , 10:50am
post #23 of 61

Double yikes - icon_eek.gificon_eek.gif

Well done Jen - good detective.gif work...

Bluehue

Jen80 Posted 5 Nov 2010 , 10:51am
post #24 of 61

Scary, isn't it?

Renesaindon Posted 5 Nov 2010 , 12:07pm
post #25 of 61

I deliberately don't allow parents or students on my fb. We are very active people and yes, I do have a web presence, but I have a right to that without being attacked by crazy people who think they have a right to say things about me that they don't know.

I really appreicate all of the support I have received on here. It has been helpful.

-K8memphis Posted 5 Nov 2010 , 12:15pm
post #26 of 61

Well I googgled me and I got some similar info so I mean but that is me too. Yes I am a real person and I live here. You can get that info in phone books and all kinds of places if you want it.

Nobody shoulda contacted you like that. Wrong wrong wrong--I hope you get the ip address and pursue it. It helps when bad stuff hapens to do what you can to level the playing field.

I mean yes for sure sometimes you gotta suck it up and sometimes it's better for you to suck it up and move on. But there comes a point...

Renesaindon Posted 5 Nov 2010 , 12:25pm
post #27 of 61

I deleted the comment as there is no way to tell where the coward came from and then I warned people here. Hopefully the person that did it will see all of these and feel as small as they are. That is the best I can do.

Like I said, the support here has really helped my anger about it!

Jen80 Posted 5 Nov 2010 , 12:26pm
post #28 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renesaindon

but I have a right to that without being attacked by crazy people who think they have a right to say things about me that they don't know.

Absolutely.

I'm just saying, that with the information that you've put 'out there', it could have been anyone.

Renesaindon Posted 5 Nov 2010 , 12:28pm
post #29 of 61

Again, only the people here knew I was using cake central and no one I know is a baker or even a hobby baker.

Renesaindon Posted 5 Nov 2010 , 12:31pm
post #30 of 61

the other thing is, I only use my childhood nickname on here. My colleagues and parents/students only know me by my given name. So, even if they were on here, and they had a right to do that, they wouldn't know who I was.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%