How So I Put Together

Decorating By turtletb Updated 4 Nov 2010 , 3:21pm by Chasey

turtletb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
turtletb Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 12:43pm
post #1 of 4

how do I put together figures and what is the best materals to work with I would perfer to make the whole figures not just part of them.

Help icon_cry.gif

3 replies
Chasey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chasey Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 12:53pm
post #2 of 4

Are you talking about gumpaste figures? If it's humid/hot where you live, I would make them out of 75% gumpaste and 25% fondant. If your temperature is moderate, just use a 50/50 mix.

Some of the heavier parts of your figures can be attached with toothpicks. For example, if you are making a man, insert a toothpick wet with gum glue (a little gumpaste dissolved in water) part way into the base of the head just after you've formed it.

Make the body, paint a little gum glue at the point of the head attachment and then slide the toothpick in. If you are doing arms or legs, same principle...but you may need to wad up some tissue or cotton and use that as a brace while it dries.

I made some gumpaste ponies and didn't use any toothpicks to hold the head, body or legs together, just gum glue and then I let it dry for days before moving it. I did use broken toothpicks to attach the upright ears.

I hope that is what you were looking for!

turtletb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
turtletb Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 2:03pm
post #3 of 4

I tried that but she hunched over, if I was to use rkt how long in advance would I make them it is for the 20th on Nov.

Chasey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chasey Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 3:21pm
post #4 of 4

Did you have a dowel in her body? Are you saying her torso was long and she pulled forward?

Try making the bottom half and the top half separately. Attach them with a dowel to keep her back straight.

Perhaps it was one long section that was too top heavy with her head and arms?

Have you checked out the figure making tutorials on this site? You might pick up some visual tips that will help!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%