Ball Pan

Decorating By Sarah2418 Updated 4 Nov 2010 , 6:55am by Bluehue

Sarah2418 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sarah2418 Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 3:58am
post #1 of 9

I just bought the ball pan, and heard you can use it not only for sports but other things as well. Does anyone know what all you can make with it?

8 replies
HowCoolGomo1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HowCoolGomo1 Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 4:15am
post #2 of 9

I've used mine for a carriage. Once I tried to paint the world on it and use it as a globe.

It comes in handy when you need a cake to have rounded effect and you don't want to use massive amounts of icing.

Took forever, but I used it for a caterpillar cake once.

That pan comes in real handy when you need to think outside the box. It's one of my favorites in the Wilton 3D pans. I own most of them. That pan is very versatile.

HTH

tavyheather Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tavyheather Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 4:21am
post #3 of 9

ladybug icon_biggrin.gif

zamora Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zamora Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 4:22am
post #4 of 9

I used the ball pan to make a tea kettle for my friend on her birthday. She always has a cup of tea on hand at home and at work.

Jess1019 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jess1019 Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 5:06am
post #5 of 9

You can check out my pics. I used it for the Minnie Mouse cake and also for the Phillies baseball cap. I LOVE this pan. I can't wait to make a ladybug.

Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 5:40am
post #6 of 9

I am just now decorating a bustier cake . - first time making this type of cake.

Heart shape cake for the bodice -
Then I made the sphere 3D ball - then cut in half and are using that for the boobs. thumbs_up.gif
So far so good - icon_wink.gifthumbs_up.gif

I used this one - the 4inch from Silverwood.

http://210.8.91.152/~iceda589/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=104_105&products_id=396&zenid=1083877ce46d5844add11ceede90a6d0

Bluehue icon_smile.gif

G_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
G_Cakes Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 5:43am
post #7 of 9

Let's see... we have covered sports balls, baseball hats, lady bugs and caterpillars, globes, carriages...

How about pumpkins (with a little carving), christmas balls, snow ball's, igloo's, giant daisy (*my favorite) the possibilities are endless!

What ever your imagination can think of LOL

tinygoose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tinygoose Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 6:21am
post #8 of 9

I made this with the ball pan....and also Elmo's head, page 2 in my pics.

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1232257

Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 6:55am
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by G_Cakes

Let's see... we have covered sports balls, baseball hats, lady bugs and caterpillars, globes, carriages...
you forgot my boobs .......... icon_wink.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

How about pumpkins (with a little carving), christmas balls, snow ball's, igloo's, giant daisy (*my favorite) the possibilities are endless!

What ever your imagination can think of LOL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%