Adding Pudding To Boxed Cake Mix

Baking By Crystalm Updated 9 Nov 2010 , 4:32am by KimmyKatCakes

Crystalm Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 12:46am
post #1 of 9

I am sure this has been discussed a million times...but what is the best way to alter boxed cake so that I may add pudding mix to it? I know you ladies are on top of your game in here...so i figured this was the best place to starticon_smile.gif

8 replies
cutthecake Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 1:17am
post #2 of 9

1 cake mix
1 small box of pudding
4 eggs
1/3 C oil
1 C water
2 tsp extract

leily Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 1:08pm
post #3 of 9

there are lots of different recipes that add the extra box of pudding. I do the normal box recipe and then add one small box of pudding (dry) and an extra egg.

debbek152 Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 6:41pm
post #4 of 9

I always add pudding yo my box mixes. I use 3 eggs, the amount of liquid listed on bos, the pudding mix and substitute applesauce for the oil. They turn owt great every time. Hope this helps. icon_smile.gif

debbek152 Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 6:43pm
post #5 of 9

Sorry, I can't seem to spell today! icon_redface.gif

littlechloe Posted 8 Nov 2010 , 1:51am
post #6 of 9

I use a stick of butter instead of oil, then add eggs, pudding mix and milk. yummy every time.

jade8 Posted 8 Nov 2010 , 2:12am
post #7 of 9

would you add the pudding even though there is pudding already added to the box mix? Or would that be overkill?

littlechloe Posted 8 Nov 2010 , 3:40pm
post #8 of 9

I use betty crocker cake mix, not sure if pudding is already in the mix. The cake always turns out so moist and fluffy.

KimmyKatCakes Posted 9 Nov 2010 , 4:32am
post #9 of 9

I always add pudding to the box mix.I love "creating" new flavors.But when I had my cake tasting party last week it was the banana cake that won even the fruit haters over. I also added flavor to the BC filing. It was super moist and yummy! I also made a chocolate "cookies and cream" and a "white chocolate" cake. I always start with a basic white or french vanilla or chocolate, depending on what I am making.

Happy baking! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%