Canadian, Where Do You Find Viva Papertowel?

Decorating By Isacake Updated 4 Nov 2010 , 2:44am by helenecake

Isacake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Isacake Posted 3 Nov 2010 , 10:35pm
post #1 of 5

Hi, This is my first time starting a thread so a little history first. I am a french canadian from Québec so sorry if my english is not perfect. This forum as been a life saver for me, I just love it! I am new to cake decorating but so far so good, I think I am gonna do this stuff for a long time!

Here is my question: It seems impossible to find a papertowel brand that is not quilted here. I would love to try the Viva technic to smooth out bittercream. Since I cannot find a non quilted papertowel here, I guess one of you can tell me where I can find some or what other paper can I use to do the same effect?

Thank you in advance, my last resort is to order some from US but the shipping fees are keeping me from doing it so far.

4 replies
therese379 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
therese379 Posted 3 Nov 2010 , 11:52pm
post #2 of 5

Bonjour, also from Canada... Sorry but I can't find viva paper towel anywhere in Canada. I use a thick computer paper on very cold iced cakes. I've never had any problems.. I hope this helps.. Therese

KayMc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KayMc Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 12:02am
post #3 of 5

Some people use wax paper instead of Viva, and that is paper safe.

cakesondemand Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesondemand Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 2:19am
post #4 of 5

Not available in Canada you can use the blue shop towels they have a smooth finish but I use interfacing not a stiff one but not to soft either.

helenecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
helenecake Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 2:44am
post #5 of 5

I am also from the Montreal area.You won't find the Viva paper here. Only in the USA.You should go to Plattsburgh .Tthe Walmart is open 24 hours and Global sugar art is a big store for cake decorating supplies. It's open monday to friday .I' don't know if the" blue paper" is food safe"
Hélène

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%