Nutella/hazlenut Filling

Baking By momto2pottsy Updated 4 Nov 2010 , 3:40pm by jerseygirlNga

momto2pottsy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momto2pottsy Posted 3 Nov 2010 , 8:29pm
post #1 of 7

I'm trying to find a good(and simple) recipe for a hazlenut filling. I would prefer to use nutella as I have so much of it on hand(my friend works at Ferrero Rocher!) Any ideas on how I could do this? Could I just mix some nutella with my bc? I use IndyDebi's recipe.
TIA!

6 replies
Maria925 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Maria925 Posted 3 Nov 2010 , 8:38pm
post #2 of 7

I mix Nutella with IndyDebi's BC and it is wonderful! I use about 1/2 jar to one batch, but just adjust it to your own taste. Beware that when you first mix them together it will be kind of gritty and thick. I let my mixer run for about 15 minutes or so and it turned really smooth & creamy!

lvjan777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lvjan777 Posted 3 Nov 2010 , 9:04pm
post #3 of 7

I mixed Nutella with my butter based buttercream in a small bowl to see if it would work and it seized up immediately. Maybe I should have mixed it in the mixer. I slightly melted the nutella and spread it over the buttercream in between the cakes as a filling and that worked.

KitchenKat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KitchenKat Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 2:41am
post #4 of 7

I mix nutella with my all butter mousseline. Yummy! About 1 part nutella to 3 parts mousseline.

momto2pottsy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momto2pottsy Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 2:55am
post #5 of 7

Thanks everyone! I'm going to try it out this weekend! I'm glad it's so simple!
Ivjan777, I wonder if the butter had anything to do with it seizing? The recipe I use is crisco-based. I don't really know though icon_smile.gif Thanks again everyone!

bluejeannes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bluejeannes Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 3:22pm
post #6 of 7

fondantfrenzy has a recipe on here that's really good and easy (I make it and I didn't put the ferror rocher pieces in and it was still REALLY good!)
http://cakecentral.com/recipes/7164/ferror-rocherhazelnut-filling

jerseygirlNga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jerseygirlNga Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 3:40pm
post #7 of 7

I've family tested flavors using swiss meringue buttercream and did try using the chocolate hazelnut flavoring. Before filling cake, I warmed nutella (easier to spread) and filled with buttercream. No problems and family voted YES on flavor.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%