Good Buttercream Flower Tutorials?

Decorating By cakedout Updated 4 Nov 2010 , 2:58pm by mimido

cakedout Posted 3 Nov 2010 , 8:28pm
post #1 of 7

Just wondering if anyone knows of any really good buttercream flower tutorials? I was on youtube last nite and watched a few- and was shocked at how horrible they were! icon_eek.gificon_confused.gifthumbsdown.gif

If I had a web cam I'd make one myself! icon_lol.gif

6 replies
CWR41 Posted 3 Nov 2010 , 10:23pm
post #2 of 7

Are you looking for a particular type of BC flower?

KayMc Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 12:08am
post #3 of 7

Such a great question - hoping for some good answers. I took the Wilton courses in the hopes of learning this, and actually quit the last class as it wasn't being taught.

peg818 Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 11:31am
post #4 of 7

The best book i have seen for buttercream flowers is Roland Winbecklers Buttercream flowers. He has really easy to follow directions and pipes most of his stuff directly on the cake. Which is a great time saver. And i don't think the book is that expensive maybe about $15 give or take.

JGMB Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 2:43pm
post #5 of 7

CakeGenie also has a very good DVD. icon_smile.gif

cakedout Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 2:48pm
post #6 of 7

Hmm....cakegenie...might have to check that out.

I have been a huge Roland Winbeckler fan for many years!

Actually, I was hoping to find a decent tutorial that I could refer students to, and maybe find one with a new flower or two to use for a demo I am doing this weekend. Looks like I'll just have to stick with what I already have planned.

mimido Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 2:58pm
post #7 of 7

I have the Wilton way of cake Decorating books volumes 1 and 3, they show different buttercream flowers piped. Iris, calla lily, clover just a bunch of different ones. I got my books off Ebay.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%