What Size Pearl Bead Mold Do You Prefer For Borders?

Decorating By Beansss Updated 3 Nov 2010 , 4:48pm by Beansss

Beansss Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Beansss Posted 3 Nov 2010 , 11:45am
post #1 of 8

I have been eyeing the pearl molds from first impressions and can't believe I have been living without this product! lol

Just curious what size most people go with for borders. I'm thinking of getting either the 6-8-10 mm mold or the 12-14. I just can't seen to make up my mind.

I wish they had pictures on the site of the different sized on cakes so I could visualize it better! If anyone has any pics they'd like to share.... icon_cool.gificon_biggrin.gif Any comments welcome too! icon_smile.gif

7 replies
Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 3 Nov 2010 , 12:20pm
post #2 of 8

I would get the 6, 8, 10.

Beansss Posted 3 Nov 2010 , 12:28pm
post #3 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loucinda

I would get the 6, 8, 10.

Thanks! I was leaning towards that, but needed to hear a 2nd opinion.

luvmysmoother Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvmysmoother Posted 3 Nov 2010 , 2:26pm
post #4 of 8

6,8,10 for sure. I rarely use my 12,14 ones myself but the bead molds have saved my life many times over - so quick and easyicon_smile.gif

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 3 Nov 2010 , 2:28pm
post #5 of 8

all of them

Beansss Posted 3 Nov 2010 , 4:29pm
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by -K8memphis

all of them

Oh, please don't tempt me! icon_evil.gificon_smile.gif I actually added a bunch to my cart, but am trying really hard to restrain myself for the time being! I think of all the different things I could do with different sizes and I want them all... I recently ordered an Agbay, and while I am so EXCITED for it to get here, it has dried up my cake fun money for awhile. icon_razz.gif

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 3 Nov 2010 , 4:37pm
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beansss

Quote:

all of them

Oh, please don't tempt me! icon_evil.gificon_smile.gif I actually added a bunch to my cart, but am trying really hard to restrain myself for the time being! I think of all the different things I could do with different sizes and I want them all... I recently ordered an Agbay, and while I am so EXCITED for it to get here, it has dried up my cake fun money for awhile. icon_razz.gif

Shame on me!!! I'll change my answer then.

Most of them icon_lol.gif

But truly go for the long one --it's like over 12 inches long and you get three at once!

Also for storing, store upside down in a drawer or box to avoid dust or keep wrapped in plastic wrap.

Beansss Posted 3 Nov 2010 , 4:48pm
post #8 of 8
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beansss

Quote:

all of them

Shame on me!!! I'll change my answer then.

Most of them icon_lol.gif

But truly go for the long one --it's like over 12 inches long and you get three at once!

Also for storing, store upside down in a drawer or box to avoid dust or keep wrapped in plastic wrap.

Good advice! Thanks thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%